• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

AF is Back

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Aquafortis line is back an running. I'm sure more info will be coming! :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :applause:

more info please,where,when?or is this just :) BS :rotf: Sorry couldn't help myself

There was a booth at kalamazoo selling wakhon bay aquafortis this weekend said he had bought the recipe from original maker. I was afraid to buy it after reading on this forum about stocks turning green after a few years I have been wanting to give it a try. I could try to contact him if interested?

Those of you that liked the old Wahkon Bay Aquafortis will be pleased to know that Michael Lee is now producing the orignal formula. He is a fine gunsmith based out of Columbus Ohio. He can be reached at (216)291-4757...Thanks Much...

Thanks Much..I stand corrected.. Sorry for any problems that may have been caused..I,ll proof read in the future...

I did see a gun at a recent show that was the most hideous shade of green you could imagine. Could anything be done about this or is it permanent?

IMO, Without resanding to remove the finish I believe it's permanent. Even resanding might not be enough if a deep penetrating oil finish was applied.
If an oil finish was applied that would have to be killed to allow staining it darker to hide the green color. I think some specialty furniture finishing places can do that.

I believe that the green problem is more of a problem with chromium trioxide. It seems that some people get this confused with aqua fortis. I'm not saying that AF won't turn a stock green, but it could also be due to Cr03.

bioprof is right. AQ only stays a drab green until properly heated. However, chromium trioxide can leave a bright and ugly green that stays forever. I remember seeing a gun for sale at a store in New Orleans that stands out for that reason.

I will seek out some AQ, thanks for the info.

CS

Gundrx said:
The area code is (614) 291-4757 not (216). His last name is Lea not Lee.

His last name?

DUDE, that's you! :rotf:
[url] http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showuser.php?uid/8177[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone: Please use the "Private Topic" system to send private messages to others.
This is done by clicking on the persons name in the left hand column. That takes you to the persons "home". In the upper area, is a button that says START PRIVATE TOPIC. Click on it and enter your message just like you were adding a answer to a regular post.

Yep & Lancaster in Holtswood too.

Not sure how this Private is supposed to work. Hope it did. :confused:

Latest posts

Back