• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Adirondack Huntin Rifle by Roy Stroh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
hee he! had this ordered since before the Club was finished,but wanted Roy to do it when the "mood" hit him.....evidently it DID!
It's a 50 Cal.39" Charles Burton rifled barrel, walnut stock,a Chambers Gunbuilders Siler LEFTY flintlock with the plate design by Roy.. has a grease AND a PRB hole..pretty dang neat I say! thank you ROY STROH! It's A Beaut! :grin: :grin: :grin:

S6300075.jpg

S6300076.jpg

S6300077.jpg

S6300078.jpg

S6300079.jpg

S6300080.jpg

Since it would be a little tricky to position the butt stock over the muzzle to use the PRB thingy like a loading block, I guess the PRB is just plucked out when needed?

Never saw that before...curious if this was just a fun idea or if there's some historical relevance...I've seen 'grease holes' bored into the side of butt stocks but not a "ball hole"...if it wallows out and the ball won't stay put, a patchbox could be added in its place?

Anyhow, any new Flintlock build is always interesting...even if the lock IS on the wrong side.
:hatsoff:

Its more of a southern thing, I have only seen a few with it. The patch is just where you can pluck out the ball.. This gun does not represent anything lol just a cool gun. :v

.if it wallows out and the ball won't stay put, a patchbox could be added in its place?

nah,,,jus get a bigger cal. barrel..charles makes em everyday... and the lock IS on the right side...got nothin gainst rh locks cept if ya carry the gun in yer left hand, the hammer will do a job on yer huntin coat...I asked Roy fer a simple gun fer ..and that is exactly what I got..cept it's special! grease hole, prb hole,feather hole..an it's goin in the adirondacks next year fer sure...boy I hope theres a deer awaitin to see it! :haha:

rubincam said:
-----round ball hole ???-----
Nice looking rifle; congrats to both the builder and the owner. :thumbsup:
When I first saw the "round ball hole"............I thought oh..oh.. R/C has entered jethro's post shoot and couldn't find a 2X4 so he used one of his rifles for a target. :wink:
Soggy

What? a Georgia boy building a rifle for a yank!
Thats Treason, maybe thats why you put the lock on the wrong side :hmm: Good thinkin!
Another great looking rifle Roy :bow:
You keep turning them out and we will keep droooolin!!
Grats RC thats one fine lookin rifle.
How about a range report when you get it shootin! :v

Nice RC & Roy! Nice no frills rifle with great architecture. Who came up with the PRB hole and how much does that one weigh? Bet not much. :hatsoff:

thanks guys! all I did was ask Roy for a 50 cal 39" barrel walnut stocked lefty flinter...and let him do whatever he wanted..I've dun that 3 times and it works WAY better than me sayin anything! now fer the next one..... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Very Nice...Love it... :thumbsup:

Not meaning to highjack your thread. Just before Xmas I received my Lehigh Po-Boy from Roy, must of been just ahead of you... :blah:
It was a busy time and I never got around to posting pics so I figured this was a great opportunity and guess what...The lock is on the correct side same as yours brother... :thumbsup: :grin:
Haven't shot it yet being the weather up here has been nasty cold, haven't had temps like these in about 30 years they say. On a good note the temps are on the rise and I may just get a chance this weekend. Any way Roy is the best and here are a few pics. Oh yea some specs. Coned .54 swamped Rice barrel, Siler lock, maple stock.
Lockcloseup.jpg
Locksidefulllength.jpg
OppositeLocksidecloseup.jpg

Nice gun Mike! Really nice! Roy jus loves them opposite side guns! he does a right fine job too! mines gettin shooted soons it gets up here...well..lessen a big n'eastern hits..

Sniper you been spyin across the border again??? how ya know Soggy wasn't jus warmin up Halftails beer?? :shocked2:

dang stroh you do some awful nice work! :bow: :bow: he's probably got 2 more goin now...reminds me gotta get on that list....again :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back