• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Adapter from 10-32 to 8-32 ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you make adapter? Right this minute, all there is needed is three adapters all the same. 8x32M to 10x32F all three one money. What say you. Thank, Steve

So, you make adapter? Right this minute, all there is needed is three adapters all the same. 8x32M to 10x32F all three one money. What say you. Thank, Steve
What diameter and type material. 3/8 brass would be $4.00 a piece plus shipping. Where are you

Hi, I 'd like to use my regular cleaning rod at home but the threads are different than the ramrod. Anyone else have this need? How did you solve it? Thanks, Steve
I get ramrod ends from the possibles shop and make all of mine 10-32, epoxy and pinned

Hey, @Stevan

I think your best bet is to check the adapters on the RMC/Ox-Yoke website. Click that link and you'll go right to it. Most of the ramrod/cleaning rod accessories we expect to encounter are either 8/32, 10/32, or 5/16-27. RMC has adapters in just about every male/female combination of those three thread sizes possible. I have ordered from them a couple of times and would recommend them as a vendor. They run a good shop. I think they might make these smaller hardware items themselves, and the products I have bought from them are of good quality. If I may make a suggestion, it would be to order several adapters in various combinations, just so you can have them on hand. There's no telling what you might encounter in the future. RMC also has balls, patches, wads, and cleaning supplies if you want to round out your order.

As an aside, some Dewey rods have weird threads, like 12/28, that really only work with their adapters and attachments. Brownells and Midway both have a lot of Dewey rods and attachments, but they can't seem to keep everything in stock. Dewey has their own website for retail sales, so if you need a Dewey adapter you might want to go directly to them: J. Dewey Rods

Shotgun implements, regardless of manufacturer, are typically threaded as Hoppe's 5/16-27, which is not a standard thread. However, if you get into making your own rods, I recently discovered that North East Traders makes a ramrod tip with this female thread size. As far as I know, this is the only source for ramrod tips threaded for 5/16-24 shotgun accessories. Taps and dies are out there if you want to make your own ramrod tips in that thread pitch, but you have to hunt for them.

Finally, we have a forum member named @flconch53 who will make or modify ramrod tips and adapters in just about any configuration you want. I sent him a few pieces to be re-threaded and he did first class work for a reasonable price and quick turnaround. I bought an old musket worm with a very large, coarse, tapered "mystery" thread on the shank, and flconch53 turned it down and rethreaded it to a size I could use. I don't want to put him on the spot, but I'll bet he could fix you up if you can't find what you need from the vendors.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Speaking of mystery threads...Years ago I snagged a pre WWI Sears imported cuckoo clock complete with a German made works. The shaft for the hands has a very fine thread that needs a compression nut which is missing. Nothing made now will fit. I have no idea how to make a brass nut or substitute.

Never order just one item, it does not pay to, like buying just one pound of powder.
Get you adaptor, maybe a spare jag or one you dont have yet, get a bag of flint, maybe 100 round ball, maybe you need a patch knife, or some fire supplies.
It may bump your cart up to $50, $70 or more but then you dont have make multiple orders for a while.

Better to have and not need (yet) then to need and not have.
Plus you save a few $$ in the long run.

Caught me off guard with your post. Unexpected but that's the best time. New thoughts are the one that stick with me. Thanks. Now, where do you think I could shop for powder,primers plus adapters? Steve

Caught me off guard with your post. Unexpected but that's the best time. New thoughts are the one that stick with me. Thanks. Now, where do you think I could shop for powder,primers plus adapters? Steve
Personally I have not found anywhere to make 'that' combo purchase.
The places I get powder from dont settle a good selection of accessories and the places I get accessories from dont sell powder or have decent prices;
Example - I get a lot of my supplies (jags, adaptors, flints, oils, etc) from Track of the Wolf, but TOW only sells full 50lb cases of powder where I usually only buy 6 to 10 pound at a time.
Caps I have been lucky and gotten local so far - I hoarded and am set now that they are not on the shelf anymore. When I see them again - best beat me to them as I WILL stock up again.

Recently I needed some more Baricaid Oil, that was all I 'needed' but the shipping would make Expensive so I would do better with something local, but I really like Baricade so I got the Oil and tossed in a bag of Flints (dont 'need' them now but I Will before long) and i tossed i to the cart 100 round balls (i dont 'need' them right now, but after i shoot the 400 on hand i will), and i tossed in an extra .50 cal and .45 cal bore Mop....again, I don't 'need' the yet as the ones I have are still good for a while but I don't have spares...now I do.

Better to have and not need then to need and not have.

Unfortunately having a One Stop Shop like it used to be a long time ago (example: Cabelas - had my jags, mops, adaptors, powder for $8/lb and caps in all sizes) Not Any More...the good days are gone. Have to be resourceful, think ahead, be the Ant not the Grasshopper.

....and don't be afraid to hoard.ignore the shamers or be prepared to sit on the corner with them shedding tears.

Latest posts

Back