• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A trip to The Rifle Shoppe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eterry

70 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.
I have heard of The Rifle Shoppe for years, and just going off the name assumed it was somewhere in New England.

Imagine my surprise when I googled it and it's not far (3 hrs) from me, near Oklahoma City.

I called and spoke to Jane, she was very friendly and invited me to come visit her husband, Jesse.

I opened their shop door and stood there in amazement. The walls and display cases were covered in antique firearms and guns Jesse had made.

Jesse told me he started taking original guns, making molds for the parts and copying the stock. He made investment cast parts of the originals, so they will fit original guns with little modification.

I got to handle a Joseph Manton dueling pistol made in 1783, an original Tulle Fusil De Chasse, a copy of one of Louis XIV Fusil De Chasse. Also an original 8 bore Blunderbuss with a stamp dating 1771, a copy of a matchlock dating to 1631 and a monster of a one inch bore, 30 odd pound wall gun. Oh I got to handle his copy of a Ferguson Rifle, which has tapered threads, as per the original.

If you have an original black powder gun and need a part for it, they are the place to start. Jesse said he has parts for over 700 guns. Dutch, French, Swiss, Spanish, English, American and many others.

Wall Gun
20210818_154900.jpg

20210818_155122.jpg

Circa 1631 matchlock

20210818_155946.jpg

20210818_160007.jpg

I’ve had nothing but good luck ordering things from Jane, getting most of my orders within 2-weeks.

But I am to understand that some people have been waiting … uhhhh, years!

I will add … that I only place an order if the item is in stock, and I call Jane personally to confirm. One must understand that they send things out to the casting house ONLY when they have enough orders to make the casting worthwhile.

And that yes … unfortunately, that can take time.

Very nice stuff. I am one of those guys who gets silly over their selection of parts, but I have never ordered. The idea that a guy can buy the receiver castings for a Starr carbine for instance and scratch build one. Where else are you gonna do that? I have also heard all the waiting horror stories. You have the correct strategy, my friend, making sure the part is in stock, or soon will be before ordering.

I’ve had nothing but good luck ordering things from Jane, getting most of my orders within 2-weeks.

But I am to understand that some people have been waiting … uhhhh, years!

I will add … that I only place an order if the item is in stock, and I call Jane personally to confirm. One must understand that they send things out to the casting house ONLY when they have enough orders to make the casting worthwhile.

And that yes … unfortunately, that can take time.

Jesse told me there isn't a foundry that takes small items like gun parts within 400 miles. And the one he uses has a very large minimum order.
That creates a bit of a problem.

I hope it doesn't take years. I placed an order for a matchlock kit about 2 months ago. I'm not in a hurry but I would like to build it before I meet maker.

Read this.
We are all very sad that the forum shepherd - Zonie is passed. BUT, this is to put everyone on notice, the non-traditional talk, cussing, and political still is NOT allowed.

I've started doing warning points and deleting posts, adding words to the censor in the last few days.

One thing about the warning points, if you receive enough of them the ban from the forum happens until warning points expire. And if bad enough we will ban you.

We do not want to ban anyone, but we will not let the quality of the forum deteriorate if we can help it.

Please help us keep it good as Claude and Zonie would have it.

Thanks, Angie and the mods.

Terrific to see part of the shop and to hear about Jane and Jesse, I’d love to visit there one day and see the set up and their collection - I am envious of you. I’m a bit sorry that I didn’t know you were going as I’d have asked you to enquire if they’ve changed their email address ........ I haven’t been able to get a response from them for the last 12 months come heck or high water. I’ve now written to them by snail mail as someone else here suggested.

Jane does all the sales, emails, and phone calls, Jesse works in the shop. Their son was turning blanks on the stock duplicator.
She was on the phone when I walked in, greeted me, introduced me to Jesse, then went back to the phones/computer.
Almost 3 hrs later she was still at her desk, headset on, computer on, working both of them in unison.

I called them a couple times, left messages, and she called me back about 5 days later.
The shop is closed on Friday's to concentrate on shipping.

I everyone followed your strategy there never would be enough orders...

I have had very good luck with them, but I always call and ask Jane if the parts I need are in stock and the lead time if not. They are very nice people doing things no one else will doing the best way they know how. Some people are just intolerant, you know, like that free speech thingee, It only works when they agree.
Robby

It sure sounds like this Jesse is a VERY knowledgeable guy. I can understand how a major move of the whole operation and shop would certainly throw a wrench into.production for awhile. I sincerely hope these folks continue to come online and catch.up because they.offer so.many great products that are simply not available elsewhere, and apparently the quality is there.

I hope it doesn't take years. I placed an order for a matchlock kit about 2 months ago. I'm not in a hurry but I would like to build it before I meet maker.
Good luck! I have heard horror stories! If it is something they don't already have in stock and ready to ship the wait may be considerable.

I'm past 18 months on a Virginia Manufactory lock. If you're wanting an assembled lock, it'll take a good bit of time. I knew it was a wait going in but I think at two years I'll probably cancel the order.

I opted for an unassembled lock. Besides, there isn't much to a match lock anyway. I'm fully prepared to wait for this kit. Now I'm not sure I'll wait that long though. Have you called them to make sure you're still in their queue. Maybe your name fell off their radar. It does happen.

Latest posts

Back