• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a nice place for cannons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to their site, "They are sold for decorative purposes only and we do not imply that they are good for anything else."

Do you think is just a legal disclaimer or are their cannons non-firing? Judging from their other products, they appear to be decorative only.

I got an email off to them about their disclaimer, I'll post results when I get them...

I'm not a cannon expert but I do know how to poke around on the internet and talk to people and gain a little insight into stuff, so here goes...

In short, these cannons are not proper PC and dimension/engineering correct cannons. They are "hoaky" little pcs. of movie manure.

Mt. Howitzers had a 4.62" bore, these have but a 2 1/4" bore.

Why would someone do that? Think about it:hmm:

If you want to impress your neighbors with filling a pipe full of "fire-cracker" powder then good for you. If you want a real cannon then you should look elsewhere.

:curse: :m2c:

indeed at those prices thay better be p.c. and
opperational,
dont know why someone would waste there time, making a barrel
that wasent right, especally when its not exactly rocket science to do it right.

know what I mean capn bragg
BB :imo: :results:

I got an email off to them about their disclaimer, I'll post results when I get them...

This just in from Hern Ironworks...

All Hern Cannon Barrels are produced with cast-in steel liners, however they are shipped unvented. If the end-user wishes to make it a shooter, they must drill the vent hole. Hern Iron Works takes no responsibility for the customer's decision to vent the barrel. So yes, it is a legal disclaimer.

We'll look forward to further discussion and your possible order for a Hern barrel.

Best Regards,

Joel Brown

When you order from Hern make sure you request a seamless liner. In the past they made them with seamless or seamed liner so you had to ask for seamless, which is much much safer.
Andy

You also must consider that owning and firing a cannon is buying yourself a lot of potential legal liability.

Me, I'm content to fire the ones owned by the National Park Service, and use their powder for free! :blah:

Capt. William

Back