• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A new .32, or a 2nd .58?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i vote a 32

when ever i get around to buying a small game gun, it will either be a 32 rifle or a 20 gauge fowler. (most likely the 32 cal)

I like my .58's so I vote .58. I have a Jaeger, an Edward Marshall, A long rifle and an English rifle all in .58. It sure makes it easy when I grab a shooting bag (LOL). Just my $.02 worth.

.58 is without a doubt my favorite caliber.
followed by .50

and then .45

get another .58

40calflinter said:
I figured I was kinda leanin' into a left hook with this post...but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :doh: I do appreciate everyone's input. :hatsoff:

I was specing-out a 42" X 13/16" barrel for the .32. I figured it would be more like sniping rather than stalking, therfore the long barrel.

And now my next request...please post solid referrals on quality kits, or where to go for pieces-parts. :thumbsup:

If you live in Northeast Ohio, you should travel over to the Log Cabin Shop next weekend for the trade fair. They also have quality components and you would keep your money local. Not that they other businesses mentioned aren't quality vendors.
As far as choices go, I've never owned a small caliber rifle (need to remedy that). Living in the SE part of the state, I think a Jaeger style rifle in .58 cal would be a dandy deer gun. The .32 would be great for squirrel though. Get both! :thumbsup:

Back