• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A muzzle loading assault rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bad. Spent many years among WWII vets, including my father, who fought in the Pacific theater. The atrocities committed upon Filipino people and most everyone else by Japanese troops earned those vicious individuals descriptive adjectives beyond my vocabulary to utter. May they burn in Hell.
But not all, a friend, the late Arthur Gentle, was a pow on the Burma Railway and when he bought a Toyota car, some of the blokes at the bar in the local asked him why, considering what he’d been through, he replied that he wouldn’t have survived if it hadn’t been for some Jap guards who shared their rations and medicines with prisoners.
I was having a beer with him when he said this.
Recommended reading, “Small Man of Nanataki” about a Japanese Lutheran minister who was an interpreter and who risked his life many times to bring medicines to the prisoners.
On one occasion he was stopped by the RSM, a tough guy who punched insubordinates be they prisoners or his own men, the RSM had him open his bag, which was half full of medicines, the RSM steped back a pace, saluted the lowly interpreter and marched away.
So there were a few good ones.

Last edited:
My bad. Spent many years among WWII vets, including my father, who fought in the Pacific theater. The atrocities committed upon Filipino people and most everyone else by Japanese troops earned those vicious individuals descriptive adjectives beyond my vocabulary to utter. May they burn in Hell.
You should hear the storys my late father in law told about life under Japanese occupation.

Here is my only factory built assault rifle and these excelled in that task. I've had this rifle a long time and never even dreamed of boring out the rifling. It's an ace on both deer and targets.
DSC00377.jpg

My folks were POWs in Indonesia (then the Dutch East Indies), somehow ended up in a camp for families where I was born during WW2. Dad had been teaching in the medical school when the Japanese invaded, and they put him to work with a Japanese professor, trying to restore some of the scientific and cultural stuff damaged during the invasion. They wrote back and forth for many years after the war was over.

But, it took time before my parents could accept that this was not an exception. After Indonesia got its independence and politely kicked the Dutch out, my dad got a job in Hawaii. We immigrated there in 1950 and it was years before my mom didn't cringe when she saw a Japanese-American, and there are a great many in the islands! She told me stories of the war and camp days; NOT nice! My dad was quiet about it.

I learned much about this part of WW-2 from family of a close childhood friend of mine that was born in
the Philippines in a Japanese prison camp.
The brutality this family & their fellow prisoners experienced from the Japanese set a new low for humanity.
Their fellow prisoners faced severe punishment if they were caught scavenging egg shells from the Japanese
garbage cans to provide her just minimal food & calcium for her unborn child.

American troops who escaped capture & fought with Filipinos as gorilla forces in the jungle had to resort to reloading
their cartridges & making projectiles from solid brass curtain rods with improvised lathes.

Will be interesting if World History reflects that this generation has the same strength & willpower to repel the current treasonous
overthrow well underway from within our own government..
Relic shooter

This thread is now WAAAAY off topic and needs to be either closed or moved to another forum!
Or you could just stop reading this thread.

Given the mismatch of "muzzloading" and "assault rifle," it seems apparent from the title that this thread would be largely composed of conjecture & comedy.

If an individual isn't enjoying it, that individual could simply not click on it. That would be more in the spirit of individual freedom than shutting down discussions one doesn't like.

Does everyone remember the movie Bridge Over River Kwai? Some reporter went to Japan and found and questioned the surviving japs who were in charge of building it. They worked prisoners to death, starved them, refused medical treatment, etc. When asked why they did what they, they did it for the emperor. when asked if they would do it again they all answered in the affirmative! My mom bought a pictorial encyclopedia of the Second World War. It contained actual photographs of what the japs did to their prisoners, disgusting. My father spent 3 years in the Pacific during the War.

Back