• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A muzzle loading assault rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well that’s what the wording on it says.
I just looked it up in search and only got one hit that didn’t go into any detail [back in 2012].
Always been fascinated by the Yooper. So here’s a few pics.
IMG_3300.jpeg

The full gun in all its simple beauty.
IMG_3301.jpeg
IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3304.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg
The complexity of the trigger mechanism may be a bit hard to-grasp for the beginner but for us old hands it’s easy.
The collet and screwed fitting for holding the barrel are unique, I believe, in firearms design.
The Yooper Assault Rifle takes the under hammer concept to new heights.

I just looked it up in search and only got one hit that didn’t go into any detail [back in 2012].
View attachment 288976
The full gun in all its simple beauty.View attachment 288977View attachment 288978View attachment 288980View attachment 288981The complexity of the trigger mechanism may be a bit hard to-grasp for the beginner but for us old hands it’s easy.
The collet and screwed fitting for holding the barrel are unique, I believe, in firearms design.

If you paint it Black you'll need the Attorney Generals approval to have it registered......

There might be a little creep in the trigger pull but, yes, it would work just fine. Accuracy not so much. Thanks for this - it's a good start to my day. I did some searching and found more online. He solved the problem of fitting a breechplug by using a slide-in plug secured with cross pins. All parts were steel, no wood in the barrel assembly.

Attachments

• Yooper 4.JPG
    Yooper 4.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This one's actually feasible. Could use a few different parts, but ...hey..the maker understood the basics. In my former life, as Sheriff in a county with three prisons and my own jail, we saw inmate weapons made from things "normal people" would have a hard time envisioning, Filipino patriots killed Japs quite effectively with firearms crafted from everyday items during WWII.

Check out "The World's Fighting Shotguns" should you need inspiration.

Filipino patriots killed Japs quite effectively with firearms crafted from everyday items during WWII.

Check out "The World's Fighting Shotguns" should you need inspiration.
careful now, calling them fine nipponese gentleman’s “japs” Will set off all the woke hippies here.

View attachment 288976
The full gun in all its simple beauty.View attachment 288977View attachment 288978View attachment 288980View attachment 288981The complexity of the trigger mechanism may be a bit hard to-grasp for the beginner but for us old hands it’s easy.
Here's mine. Semper Fi

cap lock assalt rifle.JPEG

careful now, calling them fine nipponese gentleman’s “japs” Will set off all the woke hippies here.
My bad. Spent many years among WWII vets, including my father, who fought in the Pacific theater. The atrocities committed upon Filipino people and most everyone else by Japanese troops earned those vicious individuals descriptive adjectives beyond my vocabulary to utter. May they burn in Hell.

My friends wife is from South Korea. She absolutely cannot stand anyone from Japan.

Back