• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A fine pistol from Le Page, pricey too.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First, from the vendor’s description,
”The swamped, sighted, .60 calibre, octagonal barrel has micro groove rifling and is deeply chiselled with interlaced vines and ‘LA PAGE A PARIS’ on the top flat. The gilded barrel tang has similar decoration.
The lock and all its components are chiselled or engraved with differing amounts of foliate designs. This includes the frizzen, frizzen spring, top jaw and its screw and the underside of the flash pan. See photos. The centre of the lock-plate is engraved ‘Le Page / A Paris’.
The action is in excellent working order and has probably never been fired.
In keeping with the overall excellent workmanship of this pistol the trigger guard with its long final, the nose cap and the butt cap are elaborately detailed with gilding on all. The butt cap also has the gilt monogram of ‘FJL’ for Francois Joseph Lefévre. The rim of the butt is also engraved ‘Francois Joseph Lefebvre 1817 Marechal de L’Empire’.
The full-length walnut stock is in excellent condition with only some very minor handling marks. The horn tipped rammer is original to the pistol. Note, there is a small crack on one side of the rammer tip. See photos”

IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2510.jpeg
IMG_2511.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_2516.jpeg
IMG_2517.jpeg

And it can be yours or mine for just $50,000 Aussie dollars.

First, from the vendor’s description,
”The swamped, sighted, .60 calibre, octagonal barrel has micro groove rifling and is deeply chiselled with interlaced vines and ‘LA PAGE A PARIS’ on the top flat. The gilded barrel tang has similar decoration.
The lock and all its components are chiselled or engraved with differing amounts of foliate designs. This includes the frizzen, frizzen spring, top jaw and its screw and the underside of the flash pan. See photos. The centre of the lock-plate is engraved ‘Le Page / A Paris’.
The action is in excellent working order and has probably never been fired.
In keeping with the overall excellent workmanship of this pistol the trigger guard with its long final, the nose cap and the butt cap are elaborately detailed with gilding on all. The butt cap also has the gilt monogram of ‘FJL’ for Francois Joseph Lefévre. The rim of the butt is also engraved ‘Francois Joseph Lefebvre 1817 Marechal de L’Empire’.
The full-length walnut stock is in excellent condition with only some very minor handling marks. The horn tipped rammer is original to the pistol. Note, there is a small crack on one side of the rammer tip. See photos”

View attachment 241365View attachment 241366View attachment 241367View attachment 241368View attachment 241369View attachment 241370View attachment 241371
And it can be yours or mine for just $50,000 Aussie dollars.
The French produced some beautifully crafted firearms.
The unique design on the frizzen spring is similar to the mainspring on an original French percussion pistol I have & shoot.
Mine is very plain in comparison to the LaPage.
Relic shooter
Pictures from Iphone 865.jpg

The French produced some beautifully crafted firearms.
The unique design on the frizzen spring is similar to the mainspring on an original French percussion pistol I have & shoot.
Mine is very plain in comparison to the LaPage.
Relic shooter
But not in design, that mainspring is brilliant, both in concept and execution; the desirable even pressure on the lockplate bedding. via the single screw is achieved by the design of the spring.
He could easily have put the lock plate screw off centre and saved some extra work, work that would be seldom seen.
Can we have a picture of your pistol?
I, for one, would love to see it.

But not in design, that mainspring is brilliant, both in concept and execution; the desirable even pressure on the lockplate bedding. via the single screw is achieved by the design of the spring.
He could easily have put the lock plate screw off centre and saved some extra work, work that would be seldom seen.
Can we have a picture of your pistol?
I, for one, would love to see it.

I agree, seems some of the old masters seemed to enjoy showing off their metalworking talents !
Over the past 60=years I've enjoyed shooting mostly vintage English & European firearms because if cared for
they provided superb accuracy & seldom broke down due to their skills in metallurgy & fine fitting.

The .54 cal. rifled French perc. pistol with the unique spapped mainspring is by Cessier A Rouen, I don't have any background on this maker.
It's fairly plain & was #1 of a set of traveling or dueling pistols.
It's burled walnut stock has gotten so dark with age that the figure only shows in good light. It's excellent rifled barrel with 8 lands & grooves are still capable of producing nice groups.

Barrel on the lower .70 cal. French Officers perc. pistol is signed L Hermite ARQer Bte A Saumur.
This pistol's bore is still in near mint condition with fast twist poly-groove rifling similar to the flint LaPage you posted. I believe this pistol was made in this caliber so it would accept the same dia. round balls the French military were using during that era..
Don't know much about this pistol's maker but there was an Admiral Hermite during this era, maybe a relation ?
Relic shooter

Pictures from Iphone 871.jpg

I've been caretaker of this .70 cal. perc. Danish Jaeger for about 50 yrs.. This rifle was made by I.C. Haugaard in Kiobehavn.
This rifle won't win any artistic contests but it's accuracy was best of any rifle I've ever owned, it brought down lots of big game & won many competitions matches out to 150 yds.
I contacted the Curator of the National Arms Museum in Copenhagen a few years ago to get more information on the maker & was told I.C. Haugaard was an arms maker to the crown.
Seems unfair that our firearms age much better than we do, it's been retired to the gun safe over the past 10 years. :confused:
Danish Jaeger; full lockside view.JPEG

Latest posts

Back