• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A few of my knives

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are knives I made [commercial blades, altered as I see fit]. The sheaths are form-fitted, hand cut, designed and sewn by me. The CVA Hawken pistol, the Lyman Plains pistols and my wife's Ardessa .50 are just for decoration. Polecat

PICT0507.JPGPICT0509.JPG

I like what you think it is. :thumb: Actually that one is not PC/HC in any way; my wife wanted a knife with pink pearl slabs. Gotta keep the lady happy. I told her there was nothing like that .. wrong … we found some. So she has her pink pearl handled knife. I have been asked to make others but have made only one … for a step daughter. I more often use faux ivory, buffalo horn, walnut or birdseye maple. I sell some but I do not take custom orders. I make a knife; if someone wants to buy it, fine. I recently sold two with birdseye. But I like 'a bloody crime scene.' Polecat

I have to admit, in all honesty, that ‘murder weapon’ is really very attractive. Eye catching and not something out of the box or off the shelf if you know what I mean. Nicely done !
As far a# keeping the Boss happy, I’d bet it saved your hearing....
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :doh::cool:

I have to admit, in all honesty, that ‘murder weapon’ is really very attractive. Eye catching and not something out of the box or off the shelf if you know what I mean. Nicely done !
As far a# keeping the Boss happy, I’d bet it saved your hearing....
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :doh::cool:
Yes, I get a request for those 'bloody' slabs once in a while but so far I have resisted. Not a great pic but here's the bloody crime scene knife' Polecat

Attachments

• PICT0511.JPG
    PICT0511.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Very nice looking blade. I like that. The whole piece is like a burst of sunlight.
But how did you manage to edit out the yellow crime scene tape ? :dunno: :thumb::cool:

I like what you think it is. :thumb: Actually that one is not PC/HC in any way; my wife wanted a knife with pink pearl slabs. Gotta keep the lady happy. I told her there was nothing like that .. wrong … we found some. So she has her pink pearl handled knife. I have been asked to make others but have made only one … for a step daughter. I more often use faux ivory, buffalo horn, walnut or birdseye maple. I sell some but I do not take custom orders. I make a knife; if someone wants to buy it, fine. I recently sold two with birdseye. But I like 'a bloody crime scene.' Polecat
A happy wife means a happy life!

Notchy bob

I like to re-handle commercial blades as well - nice work, there (me likey) :)

Here's a few of the dozens I've done...

vTVX0r3l.jpg

CG060VUl.jpg

H1qJ8N5l.jpg

iIYltkTl.jpg

Last edited:
You do a really nice job w/ the knives. I've been thinking of building some knives in lieu of building MLers....the knives are much shorter projects. The 2 knives shown aren't up to the styling of yours, but perhaps some research is needed by me. In addition to the 2 knives shown, a 2 bladed folder {trapper} was also made. Had a buddy who collected only folders and mine was added to the over 600 that he had. .....Fred

P1010005.JPG

Go for it ! !

The easiest way is to buy a blade, cross guard & scales from one of the knife-making suppliers.

Also easy, but requiring a bit of daring, is to cut off the rubber bumper from a knife you like, and fashion a new handle for it.

Ma72UmLm.jpg
k8Lgusym.jpg

Knives are not only less expensive than guns, but are very addictive, to boot ! :)

Last edited:
I just purchased some very interesting walnut slabs … so several new knives a coming up.. have a request from a CEO [oil business] in Tulsa … probably should make that one first. ;) Polect

Latest posts

Back