• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.58 TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you love it when the seller says it's RARE!!! I guess that justifies the (exorbitant) price because you didn't know that (it's rare), and he does.

What a goon!

After seeing dealers selling $100 a box #11 caps a and some people buying them, the seller knows someone out there has more money than sense, he is waiting for them to turn up.

I put together a Kibler SMR, the rear sight was too far back for my 70-year-old eyes so I posted it here for $1250, guy # 1 said "I'll take it. I had other guys offer me a sizable amount more for it and drive 400 miles to pick it up if I would welch on the deal with guy #1. I handed the rifle in person to guy #1 at the Alabama Kentucky rifle show.

The bottom line, if someone decides they just HAVE to have something, the price doesn't matter to them.

I saw a flint 58 at a gun show about 7 years ago and thought $800 was a lot. Even with inflation it wouldn’t be $2500.

Wait on Mr. Jim and when the Hawkin comes out take your $2500.00 and order the best wood, carved, and have Jim put it together and the left over cash can go to an extra ram rod and some flints a few pounds of powder and a Big Mac Value meal (if he hurries, the way were headed you may have to abandon the value meal).
Azmtnman,
You’d better put that disclaimer on the Mickey D meal in there! Yesterday I bought 2 of them in the airport in Seattle and they cost me $40!! Think of the ball and powder I could have bought for that!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I don’t plan to buy it, just thought the price was high and wanted some opinions. I appreciate the feedback, the candor, and some of the comedic replies! It’s definitely a rare find, but I’ll save my money for when Jim comes out with his Hawken, which he plans to offer in percussion only, but that’s ok cause I like percussions too! Hey Redmoon, I bought a vent pick from you about 2 years ago…love it! Thanks again for replies, everyone!

Back