FOR SALE .54 Rifled Fowler

Discussion in 'Firearms For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by Iron Jim Rackham, Apr 19, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Apr 19, 2019 #1

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Longview Lock Side.jpg Longview Side Plate Side.jpg
    Lock View.jpg
    Lock Top.jpg
    Buttplate.jpg
    Rear Sight.jpg
    Front Sight.jpg Sideplate.jpg
    Sling Stud.jpg

I purchased this rifled fowler last month as a loaner rifle for a planned muzzleloading hunt this fall. I hunt with family and friends in the Adirondacks and there's always a newcomer who needs outfitting. I thought the flush triggerguard, excellent handling characteristics, fast reliable lock with waterproof pan, sling swivels and sling would make it a good camp gun, and was looking forward to seeing someone harvest a big buck with it. I was blessed and flattered to receive today 3 fine custom guns from a friend moving west, and I frankly need the safe room. If you're looking for a nice rifle, this could be it. $2,500.00 plus actual shipping costs. I'm leaving for the southwest on April 22nd, and returning on May 1st, thus if you have any interest in purchasing the rifle, please contact me at Jimscabinets@frontiernet.net before or after my return. Have a Happy Easter and thanks for looking.

ArtyGunner and Atticus69 like this.
  2. Apr 30, 2019 #2

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

To all who asked, the rifle is stocked in curly maple and DOES NOT feature any decorative carving or inlays. The sale includes the leatherman strap pictured as well at a round ball mold and Lyman .542 minie mold and .539 sizing die. The barrel twist is 1-56

3. Apr 30, 2019 #3

Columbus

Columbus

Columbus

32 Cal.

How big is that touch hole and is the tang screw being off center just a camera angle thing?

4. Apr 30, 2019 #4

Atticus69

Atticus69

Atticus69

32 Cal

Looks like one of Danny Caywood's guns.In my opinion he makes some nice stuff---I have one of his NW trade guns and it is worth the money. He makes his own locks and they spark great.That is a nice looking piece you've got there.

5. Apr 30, 2019 #5

EC121

EC121

EC121

40 Cal.

The touch hole is counterbored from the outside. Danny Caywood won't install liners.