• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD SOLD!!! Mike Brooks 12 Gauge Jug Choked Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Art outlasts the artist, and the things made by man remain useful after the man that used them, has no further use of them.
While I still enjoy shooting, my hunting days are over. I go to the range rather than to the woods. It seems selfish to retain a fine fowler I no longer use, and would like to see it go to another person who appreciates a fine firearm.
I am offering my Mike Brooks fowler for sale, along with several thousand wads and shot snake. The gun has served me well, and I’ve potted everything from chukars to deer with it. It swings well, and is just the fowler for fast flying birds, running deer, big bear and charging boars. If it has fur or feathers, this fowler will stop it on the run or in the air.
As seen from the photos, it has aged gracefully, and features a nicely figured walnut half stock with tasteful carving and engraving. The lock is ultimately reliable and lightning fast.
Mike Brooks is a very talented craftsman who built this fowler for his own use. It features a Getz 12 gauge modified jug choked fowler barrel and L&R Queen Anne lock.
I purchased it years ago from Mike, when my long since expired GSP was an eager and excellent hunting companion. $2,856. 55 plus actual insured shipping costs. If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Right Side.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Lock Detail.jpg

Carving.jpg

Barrel.jpg

Spikehorn.jpg

3 birds.jpg

The stock is a piece of Claro walnut I pulled out of a guy's firewood pile. I shot a lot of pheasants with that gun. It originally had another barrel that was 30" and had a skeet jug in it. I shot thousands of rounds of skeet with that gun at Friendship. This gun handles and performs like a modern shotgun, very lively.

Beautiful gun sir!

Man do I wish I had the funds, some day in a few years ( after graduating college) I would love to expand my arsenal including a few fowlers.

Such a shame that I have to wait a few years and look at all the nice guns, knowing I can't buy them, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back