• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 Hawken is finally back up and ready

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNC

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my .530 RB mold in the mail Tuesday and started doing some casting. Had everything ready to go and looked at the rear sight to find no elevation screw in it and the windage screw was stripped out to the point where no screwdriver in the world would have turned it. Pulled the rear sight and mailed it to T/C with a little note. The sight made it back home this afternoon and T/C said that the sight had been discontinued, but they luckily had a used one in good shape for a replacement. :)
Have 10" of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. Supposed to stop by in the morning and looks like some good bobcat tracking weather. I hope to be up early to fire a few shots using about 60-70gr ffg to see how it does for accuracy and then I'm off. Can't wait
grin.gif

Greg, how close is that rear sight to one used by Green Mountain? If you think one would fit, I have two that I took off barrels to put primative sights on. You're welcome to one if you want it. Take care, Rick.

Rick, I just checked the sights and they are completely different. The GM sight is longer. The barrel on that .54 isn't really worth drilling and tapping for a new sight. I'll make due with it hopefully til I can get around to getting another barrel later on down the road. I sure do appreciate the offer though:)
Greg

Back