• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 smooth rifle cooking!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good going. I shoot quite a few pheasants myself and pot pie is one of my fav's also. Pheasant season is over now. Will only be going on a few driving hunts on private property now. Partridge season goes to the end of the month. Went out yesterday, no luck with them but the rabbit cycle is at its peak, haven't seen this many rabbits since the early 70's. But I don't shoot rabbits in front of my pointing dogs, hard enough to keep them off from them as it is.

Jerry

That pie looks mighty tasty. And every time you post a hunt with that .45 smooth rifle I find myself wanting one more and more. I'd go through a lot less powder and shot than with my two .62 smoothies.
Oh who am I kidding,,, I'd use just as much just with more shooting.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks gents, my daughter turned up and the pie was soon gone! The pie lived for three hours then was no more! :haha:

Gotta do it all again now :doh:

B. :thumbsup:

Brit,
How do your hunting seasons work over there? Do you buy a hunting license like here and have a few months a year for small game. A few weeks for big game. Or is it all on private land and you pay the game keeper or owner of the land?

Jerry

jackley said:
Brit,
How do your hunting seasons work over there? Do you buy a hunting license like here and have a few months a year for small game. A few weeks for big game. Or is it all on private land and you pay the game keeper or owner of the land?

Jerry
There use to be a small game licence but it was abolished about a decade ago.

Pheasants and partridge, grouse and ducks, some waders too have closed seasons. No limits.
Rabbits and hares no closed season.
Most deer species have closed seasons but not all. Some seasons change beteew the sexes but all year around.
Vermin like fox, squirrel and crows except raven and chough have no closed season.
One can buy shooting, some like me just get permission shooting pests and gain perks or libities to treat oneself to other game.

B.

Back