• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 Cal. Miroku

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nw_hunter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just purchased a 45 cal. Japanese made Miroku at a garage sale. Couldn't pass it up. 65.00 and it had about75.00 worth of stuff with it.Nice powder horn,Lee double cavity mold,CO2 discharge kit, and about 300 RB's.Plus other things.Only problem with the rifle is a broken hammer.Any ideas about a replacement hammer?

I picked one up at the gun show last month also.
Does anyone know much about them?
The owner said it did not shoot ball very well, but did well with maxies.
107 here in texas, so have not been to the range yet.

NW,
Take a good look and see if the rifle is marked "Dixie Gun Works". Their mountain rifles were made by Mirokou in Japan. If you have one of their rifles they may have parts or be able to tell you where to get them.
Mark

Sounds like an old "Ultra Hi" from the early 70s. There are usually Old Ultra Hi locks on a famous auction site that everyone in the world uses.

Dixie Gun Works has all sorts of Hammers for sale also that you may fit

Bob

It's a Ultra-Hi Miroku. I called Dixie, and talked to their gunsmith. He said they didn't have a hammer in stock. Suggested I send the two pieces to him and he could build or compare. Problem is....I only have the bottom half lol!

I'll give Track a call later. No hurry! I only have a few dollars in the gun. The accessories I got with it are worth the total cost.Just a project gun!

Latest posts

Back