• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.44 Cal Rifle I picked up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredrader

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked this up today and it has .44 on the brl and warranted on the lock. No other markings that I can see. It is a beautiful rifle though. Anyone ever heard of a lock stamped warranted ? I don't know if ya would call it a kentucky rifle or a full stock hawken or what.. The Brl is 36 3/4,1 in 48" twist, 15/16 across the flats,.444 bore,LOP 13 1/2 and it has a hard maple stock with lots of brass and double set triggers. You have to pull the rear trigger before you can cock the hammer back..Any help..

Pics

Looks to be a Hopkins and Allen Minuteman. I helped my son put together an old kit a couple of months ago, but his is a halfstock. I am guessing these are from the 1970's.

He's dedicated. That bed's there for when he's worked on his guns until exhausted. :grin:

You guys sure are hard on a fella, I'll make sure I make my bed before I take any more pics from now on :redface: .. Thanks for the info and I looked up hopkins and allen and that looks just about like mine.. Thanks again

Fred,
Great looking rifle!!!As far as the bed,just tell them you were getting ready to tuck your new gun in! :hmm:

I'm single now but my ex had a sick mind but she still wouldn't make the bed half the time.. Maby that is where I got it from.. :idunno:

Back