• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN 40 Caliber Flintlock Trade Gun built by Ted Kramer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis186

Full of mostly useless esoteric knowledge
Reaction score
I have for sale here, my 40 Caliber Flintlock Trade Gun built by Ted Kramer. It's set in a maple stock with a 35/7x8 Colerain barrel, and an L&R Lock. Gun originally had a hickory ram rod but it broke on it's first rabbit/squirrel hunt so I replaced it with a brown delrin rod, and added another ram rod tip on the end of that rod. Hickroy replacements are cheap if one so chooses to add another. I acquired this gun from Track of The Wolf for squirrel hunting and it does that just fine, but I decided I'd probably would rather have a smoothbore fowler, or nice Fusil, so it's time for this gal to go. Asking $2150 shipped.

Targets are 50 and 25 yards, 60gr of Schuetzen 3F with a .380rb and .018 pillow ticking patch. I will be including a good mess of .018 PT patches with this rifle.
IMG_5560.jpegIMG_5607.jpegIMG_5609.jpeg
242540560_10227376194491853_5387920278402547852_n.jpgimage0.jpeg

Last edited:
Just want to add, I AM a negotiable guy. If this 40 seems like something that would fit your collection well but the price seems too steep, make an offer.

Travis

I would post some more close up pictures of the rifle. You can not see any details.

I personally know the builder of this rifle. Great guy.

Fleener

Travis

I would post some more close up pictures of the rifle. You can not see any details.

Fleener
You are so right, and today I have plenty of time to do that as well. I'll have some good, fresh pics up today!

Here are some better pictures. You can see the small blemishes (my own fault) around the rear sight, and there are some small scratches on the gun from the weekend it spent in South Texas brush country. The ram rod tubes were tapped with a brass mallet to form an oval shape to hold the hickory, and delrin ram rod in snug with a little bit of black JB quick that is out of sight.

I'll be honest, this is a beautiful rifle and I fall in love with it every time I grab it off the rack to fondle and look at. If it doesn't sell I won't be mad. Shoots great, no recoil, looks good... I'm starting to question why I'm selling it.

Attachments

• IMG_5794.jpeg
    IMG_5794.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5795.jpeg
    IMG_5795.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5800.jpeg
    IMG_5800.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_5801.jpeg
    IMG_5801.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 93
$1900 shipped, that's as low as this piece will go before I put it up on Gunbroker at the original price.

Travis

Fleener
Freezer.
I have a 40 built by this guy which I love.
Unfortunately the stock broke ( still can't talk about it). If you can put me in touch with him I'd appreciate it. Maybe get him to build me another just like mine or a new build.
Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back