• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.395 ball mold

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36ball

32 Cal.
Reaction score
who besides lee makes a .395 ball mold? would like it to be a double mold and would not want to wait 3 months to get it. :hmm:

I don't shoot enough to cast my own, but I buy .395 swedged round balls by the box. Fifty balls for about 7 bucks.

Lee makes a single cavity .395 RB mold for under $25. The swedged balls I refer to above are manufacture by Hornady, fifty to the box.

I skipped the 375 ball because of the gas leak
when the ball is sized into the cylinder. So, I
got all my 36 cal remmed to 380. Now I get a good
fit when the ball enters the funnel and all my 36
shoot like 38 specials. Sorry but I gave the
reamer to a machinist/gunsmith friend. but what a
difference...I personally like the Lee molds. Not
at first, but after I got to using them. They are
far more accurate than my Lyman or Ideal molds.
They don't take as long to heat up and cast a
better shaped ball..Just my opinion based on
personal experience and no facts what so ever.
However, the back pressure is more intensive on
the hammer/caps reaction....be advised to keep
the powder level correct...Not to kill a horse at
200 yards....Those days are over.....

I think you may have misread this. He is talking about a .395 ball for a rifle not a .375 ball for a revolver.

About the .395 round ball mould. Rapine Bullet Mould Mfg. at (251) 679-5413 in East Greenville PA. makes a double .395 with handles for $89.95. See page 5 of their catalog #20. I do not think they have an E-mail address but I have purchased several items and they are great to deal with. I think the owner answers the phone and ships the order personlly.

NEI Makes .395 molds in both iron and aluminum. You can get them in 2, 3, 4 or more cavity.

I have one in 4 cavity, iron. The balls are cast very evenly in weight and the sprue is cut off close to the ball too. I use Lee handles with my mold.

You can look them up online:[url] http://www.neihandtools.com/catalog.html[/url] or you can call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back