• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

36 caliber pepperbox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some do and some don't. It just depends on how the gun was designed.

In order for the barrels to rotate while the trigger is being pulled and the hammer is rising, some sort of "hand" needs to be pushing on something like ratchet teeth on the rear of the barrels. Here is a sketch of a "hand" used to revolve the cylinder on a revolver.

HAND.jpg

If your pepper box doesn't have something similar, rotating the barrels by hand is the only option.

You have to manually revolve the barrels by hand. And it probably has a horrible trigger pull to boot, if it’s like the one I had.

001.jpg

I assembled this from a Kit this winter. Its been sitting on a shelf for the past 30 years. They sold these at K Mart. Mine does not index automatically, it has to be hand rotated. Yes it has a horrible trigger and hitting anything with it is a matter more of luck then anything. Below is the original brochure showing other kits also available. I have the New Orleans Ace as well. It was a fun project, but it was missing a spring. I couldn't locate one until I realized the spring from a ball point pen would work. And it did.

002.jpg

Back