• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

31 cal baby dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I wanted a sm frame cap an ball for running my trap line this winter.
After trying a 32 cal Remington with horrible results. No caps fit, cylinder woulden't cycle correct etc.. I gave up.
At my buddies sm game camp this weekend My friend Gabe pulled out a colt baby.
After shooting it and paying the asked price I took it home and sited it in at 25 yrds.
Coyote joe dovetailed a tap and file site and I opened up the rear site with my dremmel.
After sighting it in I went for a strole in my back yard and found a struttin' Mt chicken and nailed it in the neck at 20 or so yrds.
Almost as handy as my Ruger single six.

DSCF5153.jpg

DSCF5161.jpg

If your interested, you have a 1849 Colt Pocket Revolver reproduction.

It was the successor to the 1848 "Baby Dragoon", the most noticeable difference being the rounded trigger guard that replaced the "square back" trigger guard on the Baby Dragoon.

Colt made about 340,000 of them between 1850 and 1873 so it was obviously a very popular little gun.

Now that's just cooler than the other side of the pillow! I've got a .36 Colt copy that is just about the same size and I need to get it dove tailed and fit a blade site like that. It came with a little brass post that needs to be quite a bit higher to hit POA. Thanks for the idea! :hatsoff:

SmokeEater2 said:
Now that's just cooler than the other side of the pillow!

:haha: :haha:
gotta remember that one.
Hey give Coyote Joe a shout, I know he is trying to enjoy his retirement but he may be able to help you get started with that front site.

Zonie said:
If your interested, you have a 1849 Colt Pocket Revolver reproduction.

It was the successor to the 1848 "Baby Dragoon", the most noticeable difference being the rounded trigger guard that replaced the "square back" trigger guard on the Baby Dragoon.

Colt made about 340,000 of them between 1850 and 1873 so it was obviously a very popular little gun.

Thanks fer the history lesson Zoni :bow:
I woulden't want to have to depend on it in a scrape but great fer sm game and my trap line.
And it fits in my front pocket perfectly.
:thumbsup:

Back