• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED 2nd gen 1848 Colt Baby Dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale: Colt F series model number F1760 1848 Colt Baby Dragoon .31 cal, in the original factory box. It has been turned and has a very,very faint turn line but is in unfired condition. The bluing is perfect and has the original paperwork in the factory box. 4" barrel, made in 1982, and total production of 1352 of this model. It has very nice untouched grips and the silver plated trigger guard and backstrap have a nice patina but would polish to perfect if desired, and will include the 2 cavity brass mold as shown in the pictures. Asking $525 plus flat rate Priority Mail fully insured which should be about $25. I can take Paypal but the payment must be sent within 24 hours or I'll have to pass it to the next person in line. I can also take US Postal Money Order if prior arrangements are made. If you need other information send me a private conversation.
IMG_4800.JPG
IMG_4801.JPG
IMG_4802.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG

Is it the camera? The color case hardening on the frame seems to have been worn or polished off? Also seems to have some marking on the right side grip panel?

Honestly, it looks more like it's dry and may pop back out once oiled.

The flash on the camera does wash the case colors out some but it is light. The hammer has good case coloring on it. Given the ultra low production number of 1352 of this model I don't think that Iver Johnson would have discarded a frame because of light coloring. I can assure you that it has never been polished or altered in any way and has been in the safe since 92 until the photos were taken. There are no flaws or markings on the grips whatsoever. Case coloring is a finicky process like straw color and depends heavily on the metallurgy of the frame. The rest of my 2nd gens which will be listed soon all vary in respect to case color, bluing, and grip finish. In my 45 plus years of collecting I've never seen any two that were exactly the same.

Zonie,
Would you withdraw this ad for me please? I'll be offering it as part of a complete collection instead of piecing them out.
Thank you,
Randall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back