• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

209 primer ignition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMG2000

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi You all
Thanks what do you think of a inline musket or 209 primer ignition system. Like the lock for the Cannon. All would be in the handle and the rear of the Gonne would flip open to put the primer on

But I'll still leave the vent for fuse lighting. A picture of the lock is below.

Or would it be better to leave it regular :surrender:

Thanks Austin

255345_3625994093842_1839993194_n.jpg

AMG2000 said:
Hi You all
Thanks what do you think of a inline musket or 209 primer ignition system. Like the lock for the Cannon. All would be in the handle and the rear of the Gonne would flip open to put the primer on

But I'll still leave the vent for fuse lighting. A picture of the lock is below.

Or would it be better to leave it regular :surrender:

Thanks Austin

255345_3625994093842_1839993194_n.jpg

This design makes me nervous. Too easy for an accidental discharge in its current design.

Also, does it have a way to safely discharge the hot gases escaping from the vent?

This post actually belongs in the cannon forum.

CP

Two questions,if you please.

1) What's an inline musket?

2) Where is the Gonne you mention?

As an old Coast Guardsman, I like shiny brass. Your workshop looks interesting.

if you want to use some sort of rapid ignition system, use a flintlock ignition.

that system doesnt seem safe or HC/PC.

-Matt

Well, that will certainly light things up. I use top hat musket caps on a nipple to light the fire under my bowling ball mortar and it works great. I'm reasonably sure the 209's in a sealed ignition would have even more brisance.
If you can have both capabilities then why not as long as is safe. MD

Back