• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2015 Garden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okra likes hot air, warm soil.It literally jumps up overnight. A very nutritious veggy.
Another I like is eggplant and Brussels sprouts.more favs of mine. Fryed eggplant is good for breakfast with grits and bacon. :applause:

armakiller said:
I have some Celebrity Tomatoes in, some straight neck squash, and a few Jalapeno peppers. its to hot already down here for lettuce, kale, and other leafy greens.

And the Kentucky Wonder pole green beans are up also. I just have to put some chicken wire up to prevent the outside cats from getting in there and digging stuff up.

Now days, I am living in an age restricted community and the HOA won't allow me to have a garden other than some tomatoes in a tub on the back porch. But, back when we lived out in the country, we used to have a big garden with all of the goodies, corn, beans (bush and pole) okra, squash, tomatoes, peppers....you name it. Life was good back then.....well, life is still good...just different. When I used to have that big garden, we also had plenty of deer that wanted to constantly "sample" what I was attempting to grow in my garden. The only way I could keep the little buggers out was with an electic fence. The one animal I couldn't control was the neighbors dog. That mutt loved my super sweet corn. At first, I thought coons were gettign my corn and then one day I saw the neighbor's dog "Weezie" actually pulling down ears of corn and eating the corn off the cob. I ain't lyin', that damned dog actually ate some of my corn. She was thougtful enough to leave enough for me so I didn't shoot her.....but I was tempted.

Okra is essential in beef soup and fish/shrimp/chicken/crawfish gumbo.
Also fryed served with ham/beans and corn bread

Just checked this eve. and found I have 27 items up and growing----- despite the gophers.

Lost all my okra :( , but after 4-5 tries and complete fails (not one bean to show for my efforts) I seem to have found a pole bean that likes my garden.

Phaseolus coccineus Scarlet Runner Bean
about 70% sprouted & most are at the top of my 4 foot fence now.

nhmoose said:
You guys plant whales???

No.....Silly.....we plant guppies.....they grow into whales..... :wink:

Taters look awesome this year...most of the garden is doing well despite the rain and cool weather....pumpkins are doing very well as are tomatoes, beans, peas, carrots, garlic, etc....
peppers are suffering
Barley is stunted...corn is a write off, sunflowers are disappointing......last year they were magnificent.....squash looks ok......grapes are doing well but some disease is starting to appear...hops are undetermined.... :idunno:

Latest posts

Back