• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2020 How does your garden grow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started this years Patterson onions. In the trays, 900 of them, not up yet.
Pictured in front are a few of last years. 1.3-1.5 lbs. each and still hard as a rock in the root cellar.

Attachments

• DSCN0606.JPG
    DSCN0606.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 79
I started onions last fall. I tried onions and garlic here 2 years ago and didn't do well. They quit before they got bi. I think too hot in summer so I'm trying to start over the winter and I'll see how they do. I did start tomatoes and peppers in the house though, a few weeks ago. I did get a few onion bulbs to start for some green onions. I'll start them over next few days.

It's a tad early but I planted some okra in cardboard toilet paper centers. They don't like being transplanted but this way I can put the whole container in the ground in a few weeks and not disturb the roots. Now, if only the ground warms up some. Kind of an experiment with some 2 year old seeds. Not the variety I intended to plant but found some old seeds.

It's a tad early but I planted some okra in cardboard toilet paper centers. They don't like being transplanted but this way I can put the whole container in the ground in a few weeks and not disturb the roots. Now, if only the ground warms up some. Kind of an experiment with some 2 year old seeds. Not the variety I intended to plant but found some old seeds.
i've grown some okra seeds two years old. they had been in an envelope in the fridge the whole time. they were clemson variety and grew 108inches and fed the neighborhood.
know what you mean with the okra transplanting, it never worked for me.

Oops it was 3 years old instead of 2. Emerald Green was the variety, Clemson Spineless was the intended variety.

Started some green zebra and pineapple tomato seeds indoors. Planted some onion sets outside, onion plants froze on the tops down in Texas so they will probably be later than normal this year. Burnt the asparagus beds off also.
Turned under a new plot for some okra and winter squash also.

A month ago I tilled my garden, my troy bilt cranked on the first pull.
Then i got a foot of snow on it, was not expecting that.
The wife and I planted 4 bunches of Dixondale onion sets, the bunches seem to get smaller every year.
Last week i planted spinach and lettuce, it's just coming up. Onions looking good. Gonna plant a row of cilantro next. Cleaned up my asparagus patch.
March 15 is the average last freeze date around here. So next week i'll be busy.

Zonie needs to change the title to 2020-2021.😁

I tried Dixondale onion seedlings one year, wasn't impressed. I have better luck with sets from the local farm supply store. I still have onions in storage left from last year.

a friend sent me a pic of the romaine lettuce regrow technique. his friend grows them and picks leaves off the regrown ones about 4 times then throws out the base and starts the process over with new store bought stock. the ones in the pic are from old romaine in his fridge that went bad and already has new growth.
romaine.jpeg

Latest posts

Back