• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GobblerKnob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a pistol. It has a 10" Green Mountain barrel in .50 caliber. The lock is a John Bailes from TOW. The stain is my own made from white cider vinegar and very old barbed wire. I topped it off with several coats of Johnson's paste wax. The lock and barrel were browned then wooled back to look like old pewter. I used Brass Black on the furniture. Rick

WebPhoto.jpg

Very nice picture. It certainly has the patina and old world look. Are you a professional photographer? It is really a great photograph of a gun where you are coveying very well the epoch of age from whence it came.

That said, and really I am not critcial, the photo is terrific, I can't determine how the gun really looks because of the terrific job you did to capture an old look in the photo. But I think I like the gun, too! :thumbsup:

The photo of the pistol is a bit dark, but it looks like nice work on your pistol; and I really like the color and look of the stained wood. Emery

I agree about it being dark. When the photo is larger than what can be used here, more detail is apparent. I am not a professional photographer, but I am friends with one. I told him I was after the warm light that comes from a flickering fire and this is what he came up with. While it doesn't show all the detail of the gun, I think he captured what I was looking for. You guys are right. That wood does have some fine figure! Rick

Yes absolutely the photo captures a great look! Makes me want to be inside a warm captain's quarters of a old sailing ship or a stormy night.

:thumbsup: on capturing the look you were after!

And the gun does look good too. The wood looks beautiful.

Awesome. I am trying to find a pistol myself. Nice touch with the pic.
Dan

Back