• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

pocket pistol - only bigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old ugly

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i had the end off of a 45 cal rifle barrel (quick twist) and a pc of walnut. i built a pistol. i tried to copy it from a picture of an original pocket pistol. the original is smaller.
i built the thimble, modified the barrel and built the stock from a pc of walnut.
the lock is john bailes L&R, the trigger and trigger guard are from TOW. true oil finish (needs to cure a while then i will sand with 1000 and re-oil it).

sorry about the bad pictures, my camera keeps distorting them.

thanks
ou

IMG_4297.JPG
IMG_4296.JPG
IMG_4184.JPG
IMG_4294.JPG40266-c9fe43a511f852687e951803979033ed.jpg

Last edited:
Damn fine piece you made - congrats ! !

I made my first muzzleloader in the mid-60's, using an 8' length of a cut-off Marlin 444 barrel & a large (2-1/2"x 15"x 10') block of walnut from a huge walnut veneered walnut (yeah, I know) desk mistakenly cut into pieces by a tyro @ a local woodworking shop (the piece cost me one whole USD).

Back