• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1861 Tower Pedersoli Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have this snazzy 1861 Tower Enfield 2 band.

Few troublesome features I would like to do a workaround on.

First is the drop at the rear stock. (Now before this goes into HOW I need to "learn" how to shoot it ... lets not) I would like to restock it so it fits ME better. Anybody know where I might find a stock such as a Springfield stock that will fit the contour of this Pedersoli '61' Tower 2 band Enfield? Guess my question is ... is the barrel taper the same or close on the Springfield?

Second is my twist rate. Mine is around 1 in 60 twist. Not sure if there is a Minie that will stabilize in such a slow twist ... is there?

Third is the battle sights. Is there a aftermarket sight comparable that is a quality sight for replacement (current sight is cheap and very lose)

That's all folks. Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and helpful hint's.

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

I have this snazzy 1861 Tower Enfield 2 band. . . . .
Second is my twist rate. Mine is around 1 in 60 twist. Not sure if there is a Minie that will stabilize in such a slow twist ... is there?
According to Pedersoli’s web site your 1861 Artillery Carbine should have a twist rate if 1 in 48. The Pattern 1853 Rifle Musket had a twist rate of 1 in 78, which stabilises Minie bullets. I have no experience with the Carbine, but in my original Enfield Short Rifle with 1 in 48 twist I use a 560 grain RCBS Minie. Hopefully others that use the 1861 can advise further.

David

First is the drop at the rear stock. (Now before this goes into HOW I need to "learn" how to shoot it ... lets not) I would like to restock it so it fits ME better.

The British soldier, when standing, shoots much more side-on to the target than is generally seen by US shooter and re-enactors. When I was teaching on the range and indeed, from when I was taught when in the Infantry TA during the mid-60s, in the British Armed Forces a standing rifleman is angled off to about 20 or so degrees from the line-of-sight. This enables him [or her] to bring the cheek well down onto the stock of what shape long arm is in use, enabling the low aiming line to be used.

Please take a few minutes to watch how many of us trained in the British method shoot their muzzleloaders -

Latest posts

Back