• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 1861 Colt Signature Series 2 band Rifled Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I own this 1861 Colt Signature Series , Special Contract, Rifled Musket. Wow a long handle!
Originally these CSS 2 bands were special order and they built some for hunting called Game Master and were shipped in .50 cal. That’s what mine was.
I sent the 50 cal barrel to BOBBY HOYT and after dicussion with him I decided to go with .577 cal to shoot .575 Minnie. So that was done and nothing else . This is a very accurate rifle with .575 bullet over 75 or 80 hrs 3f black. Bore is excellent as expected from Hoyt.
Barrel is 31.5 in long black matt, fitted with rear peep( adjustable) and blade front sight as shipped from Colt.
I have been hunting with this rifle last 3 years for whitetail. Pretty easy to drop a 150lb deer with this rig.
Period military sights could be easily installed if you prefer.
Stock is in very good used condition. You’ll see some surface dings and scratches but no cracks . Lock is color cased as are the trigger guard, bands.
Steel butt plate is bright and nose cap is black. There is a padded butt plate that is made to replace the steel plate if you wanted to, included.

OA Length 47.5 in
Barrel length 31.5 in IMG_2247.jpegIMG_2247.jpeg
IMG_2265.jpeg

LOP 13.5
Weight 8 lbs
PRICE $950 plus shipping to lower 48
Payment by USPS MO or Cashier's Check Only

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2267.jpeg
    IMG_2267.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
  • IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
  • IMG_2276.jpeg
    IMG_2276.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
I WILL CONSIDER A CIVIL WAR 1858 REMINGTON 44 8” OR COLT 1860 ARMY 44 8” AS TRADE (PIETTA OR UBERTI VG CONDITION) AS PARTIAL PAYMENT!
LET ME SEE WHAT YOU GOT?
Texas Gil

I own this 1861 Colt Signature Series , Special Contract, Rifled Musket. Wow a long handle!
Originally these CSS 2 bands were special order and they built some for hunting called Game Master and were shipped in .50 cal. That’s what mine was.
I sent the 50 cal barrel to BOBBY HOYT and after dicussion with him I decided to go with .577 cal to shoot .575 Minnie. So that was done and nothing else . This is a very accurate rifle with .575 bullet over 75 or 80 hrs 3f black. Bore is excellent as expected from Hoyt.
Barrel is 31.5 in long black matt, fitted with rear peep( adjustable) and blade front sight as shipped from Colt.
I have been hunting with this rifle last 3 years for whitetail. Pretty easy to drop a 150lb deer with this rig.
Stock is in very good used condition. You’ll see some surface dings and scratches but no cracks . Lock is color cased as are the trigger guard, bands.
Steel butt plate is bright and nose cap is black. There is a padded butt plate that is made to replace the steel plate if you wanted to, included.

OA Length 47.5 in
Barrel length 31.5 inView attachment 263675View attachment 263675View attachment 263678
LOP 13.5
Weight 8 lbs
PRICE DROPPED $800 SHIPPED
Payment by USPS MO, Cashiers Check

OA Length 47.5 in
Barrel length 31.5 inView attachment 263675View attachment 263675View attachment 263678
LOP 13.5
Weight 8 lbs
$800 Shipped

Dear Sir,
Would it be difficult to switch the sights back to original styles?
If it would not be difficult to switch them back, could you email me directly at

[email protected]

Thank you,
David

Dear Texas,
Do you have the sight still? Would it be difficult to change it back?
Thank you, David

Dear Texas,
Do you have the sight still? Would it be difficult to change it back?
Thank you, David
This model was shipped with peep sight. It is removed by 2 screws. Military sights are mounted with 1 screw. Simple buy a military sight and replace the peep using only 1 screw. Plug the empty hole or simply cover it with the military sight. Attach the peep if you hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back