• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1861 Enfield Musketoon accuracy problem.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Hoyt is still well in business. I just got a Colt Signature Series barrel back from him. In fact, he sent me the barrel with the invoice included, which means he sent me the barrel before receiving payment. Not many folks do business like that anymore. Tom Crone works this way also (he makes sizing dies).

He seems like an old school gentleman who takes pride in his work, and he knows that a real gentleman pays his bill and he doesn't have to chase them down for the money

Definitely old school. No email, no web site, no computers. When you call, you had best call first thing in the morning because otherwise he is gone to work in the shop and when he's working, he's working and doesn't answer the phone. Top-notch. I love dealing with craftsmen like this and I try to be an excellent customer in that I never call to "check on the status of my order". I figure if the man is talking he's not working and I'm not going to keep a craftsman bothered on the phone. Within reason, it gets done when it gets done.

Subconscious anticipation of recoil will cause results as described, usually very consistently. Often called "shouldering" with rifles and "palming" with pistols. In rifle shooting, the subconscious tightening of the right shoulder in anticipation of recoil, even a tiny bit, will throw shots to the left. Same is true for lefties, except they throw them out the right. This can be best discovered with someone watching or with dry fire. The British understood dry fire as a valuable tool for conditioning the mind and getting best performance in marksmanship and created dry fire caps for MLs.

There have been many fine suggestions for bullets, powder, barrels etc. that may be the problem. Your purchases will also support our sport's supply chain. Perhaps a good look at all possibilities will help. Fundamentals are a great place to start.

Back