• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1777 Charleville: How to remove trigger?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How to remove a Pedersoli 1777 trigger?
Have the tools and experience with disassembling (and reassembling!) most muskets and modern firearms...when I have a bit of prior knowledge. Can disassemble my musket totally, including the lock, but cannot find anything on removing the trigger assembly itself. Before I go in blind I thought I would “Hail Mary” here in the knowledge pool. Tried a internet search and could not find a step-by-step on how its done - everything else but not the trigger.
Anyone have a link or something? TIA!

Last edited:
Looking at the Pedersoli exploded parts diagram (see below), the trigger and trigger guard are pinned to the stock.

S258.XLS (davide-pedersoli.com)

You will likely have to remove the lock to gain access to the pins holding the trigger in place. Take care on removing pins to prevent tear out of the wood around the pins. The drawing implies that the pins are installed from the side plate side and should be removed by being driven from the lock plate side.

Excellent. I had studied that diagram and had wondered about the direction of the pins as some more modern guns (not on any muzzleloaders that I am aware of) are tapered for install/removal in a certain direction.
Your logic sounds good and I will precede from there. Thanks!

Back