• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED 1760’s men’s frock coat pattern

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I’m looking for a period correct (or close) frock coat pattern. Something for a middle class, non military person. My mother is a talented seamstress and has agreed to make one for me if I provide the pattern. If you have experience with a good, useable pattern please let me know. Thanks!- Christopher

Your best bet would be to look at the patterns available in the catalog on the Smoke and Fire website. James Townsend also has patterns. I will also recommend Beth Gilgun's book, "Tidings of the Eighteenth Century" for patterns that will have to be resized from the generic pattern given in the book. In addition she provides good instruction on sewing the pattern.

When you get your pattern, make a trial fit version of very cheap material so adjustments can be made before cutting expensive fabric.

Back