• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1742 Brown Bess Maker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearson

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a reproduction Bess that has me stumped. It is a typical Long Land, with period (albiet deep) proofs on the barrel. The only modern markings that it has is a small capital P inside a heart, forward of the frizzen, and on the end of the barrel at the breech plug. When I pulled the barrel it read "H.K.S. 1969 NO.5". Also has HS stamped to the rear of the sideplate, nd cast into each brass piece.Lock has Tower 1742 and GR markings, banana type lock. Any one know who made it? Also it has a VERY heavy barrel, ith a very heavy taper,You almost can't see the front sight/bayo lug if you look down it.
Mike Pearson :confused:

Back