• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 gauge round ball size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update to the 690" round ball. On Saturday I tried the balls several different ways. What worked best for my SxS (so far) was a slightly moist cotton patched ball over 90 grains FFg. I started off with 60 grains of powder and a 1/2" fiber wad. The fiber wad proved to be completely unnecessary for round ball shooting. Both Barrels were in line and accurate enough for the wood splitting contest at 50 feet. Two balls completely shattered a hanging 4x4 piece of Douglas fir lumber. Thank you all for your recommendations!

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 0
I recently ordered a Caywood English game gun in 12 gauge. I plan to Turkey and deer hunt with this one. I’m gonna start getting supplies together and I’m trying to decide what size balls to get. Danny told me the barrels are .726 knowing this should I order .690 balls and .015 patches or go with .715 balls? Any suggestions from other owners of 12 gauge smoothbores would be appreciated. Thankyou

I would call Danny again and ask him.

Latest posts

Back