• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

¿My skewed misconception about Classified forums listings?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is my perception that there is a higher ratio of handguns to long guns in this site's classified section than on other forums. Is it there a higher demand here or that members buy/get dissatisfied/sell more? Based it off of just counting the ads in the first two pages here gave 19/40 ads were handgun or handgun related. Whereas, on another BP forum plus the N-SSA site, it was 5 and 3 respectively for the 40 on the first two pages. Nothing 'wrong' with selling BP handguns, just made me curious as to the mix. Anyone got any ideas why?

Regards,

I think we have a lot of pistol shooters here. I think this site, in particular, draws broadly across the field of black powder shooters. Not every site does that. I also think you will notice cycled in the for sale forum.

I think we have an older membership…that has reached that point in their lives when it’s time to consolidate and reduce. Keep the few things that are used regularly; sell those possessions that don’t see regular use, or don’t possess sentimental value.

There are some of us that are in the twilight of our Lives. I would love to pass on through a sale some of my things. I like some are just not willing to sell them at give away prices. ya see..a lot of things that are owned by some have been taken care of...some of our Heirs dont want them. So that leaves Widow garage Sales. I however have smartened my Wife up ahead of time.....

Back