• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning prince, There was such a movie: "Northwest Passage" (1940), starring Spencer Tracy, Walter Brennan, Robert Young, et al. It was based on the 1st book of Kenneth Roberts' novel, "Northwest Passage(1937)." Roberts was an excellent historical fiction writer whose books are still worth reading. Every so often TMC reruns this film, which is good, but not as good as the novel.

CaptainKirk said:
A remake of "Winchester '73" would be great! Hard to top Jimmy Stewart, tho!

There are a couple around. Christian Bale and a few others could probably pull it off. They might do as good a job Jimmy Stewart but doubt they could top him.

FYI, those of you with Xfinity (Comcast) should check the free movies section.
Red River runs through March 3rd
Winchester '73 is running, I believe, all month.

I'm re-reading Gone for Soldiers by Jeff Shaara and I think it would make a great movie. :hmm:
It is about the Mexican War and covers the campaign of General Scott and gives you an earlier look at Captain Robert E. Lee,when he was an engineer,as well as other men who's names became famous later in the War between the States.

I also would like a good well research film about Boone during the years on the frontier when he lost his son and returned for him. but I think such films would draw a very limted audience unless all the horses blew up when they crashed :idunno:

I, too, would second the need for a well done Titus Bass movie! Terry Johnston's series offers a multitude of story lines to do. Last year I re-read the entire T. Bass series - nine books spanning @ 4500 pages! What a great read! Such a movie, although an historical docudrama, would resolute a shot in the arm for the muzzleloading sport!

Yes, I have read the series several times. I am a heavy reader (books, that is) and read 2 to 3 novels every couple of weeks, as time permits. I like to play a little game by trying to envision who would play what character should a particular novel be made into a movie. With the way TCJ described Bass, I really have no clue who they would cast.

A remake of "Drums along the Mohawk" done correctly and following the book closely would be a fine thing. Herkimer--Oriskany--Brant, etc...Great! Good smoke, Ron in FL ( I hunted over a lot of that country, years ago)

howdy: this is my 1st non-introductory post. i join with the first post on this thread, somebody in hollywood (or elsewhere) ought to be able to make a great movie about daniel boone. the man lived an exciting life in exciting times, plenty of action and drama and whatever else you need.

i am also one of the many people waiting to see what kind of mess hollywood will make of cormac mccarthy's novel, "Blood Meridian, or, the Evening Redness in the West".

Welcome aboard, Mark!
I agree with your choice, as well. It would be nice to see a historically correct rendition of Boone's life without the Hollywood glitz of the 50's and 60's.
As for McCarthy..haven't read that one, but if it's anywhere as good as "No Country for Old Men" or "The Road", it must be good!

Captain K: blood meridian is mccarthy's masterpiece, it's an extremely violent, bloody story about a group of american scalphunters in mexico, mainly in 1850. in my opinion, it is one of the greatest novels ever written - just for the granduer of the prose, if nothing else. but it's not for everybody. it displays a profoundly negative view of humanity, and doesn't show any "light" anywhere. some of the people i've "turned on" to BM hated it. one friend told me "don't ever give me anything to read by that man ever again! that's the most depressing book i've ever read!" and so forth. thing about it is, every time i ever read it (about 15-16 times now), i was utterly exhilerated by the book.

but i think the chances of chickenhearted politically correct hollywood ever doing justice to it are slim to none...

I would like to see the story of the battle for Adobe Walls made into film. Maybe with some emphasis on the life of Billy Dixon. :thumbsup:

Something done on Daniel Morgan and his company of rifleman and thier role during the Revolution..........

Well, "No Country" wasn't exactly a feelgood chick flick, but it pretty much had me captivated. So, I may have to dig that one up! Thanks for the info!

Louis L'Amour's first couple of Sackett novels would be nice to see in movie form.

To the Far Blue Mountains has always been a favorite.

Back