• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A book sold throught he old Buckskin Press called "Divers adventures a legacy found"By Gregory H Gieger.I'm losing my job this month and thinking about writing the screen play :hmm:

It's been a long time ago, but I seem to remember reading a few of Louis Lamour's(spelling??) early books, I think that they were referred to as the Sackett series or something like that. The first couple were pretty good however the later ones were more in the line of cowboy stuff. Vern

You're refering to Sacketts Land and The Warriors Path both excellent books that would make great movies. I hadn't thought of them but that would be great I was thinking of Eckertts The Frontiersman but any of these would be good.

Even us old farts remember stuff once in a While. It was a long time ago that I read those Sackett books and I thought that were great. Vern

It didn't to me either a year ago. How does that old saying go "What a difference a year can make". However I can still go to the bathroom without mechanical help, so life is good. Vern

:thumbsup: I've still got the first 3 books of Terry Johnson's. I didn't know they made a T. Bass series. I knows there is not much info on him but Simon Girty has always interested me. Alot of different views of him though.

I didn't know there was a Titus Bass "series" either. Johnston did have a series about a cavalry sargent.. I think. Girty's an interesting person and not the "monster" made out to be.

Something good on Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys. Something real accurate and complete.

Something good on Jim Bridger would be nice too.

I'll toss in for one from the Eckert series. All good, but a compilation of 'Wilderness Empire' and 'Frontiersman' might make good box office, using Butler's life as the central story line, kind of the way 'Little Bigman' was structured.

Pass the popcorn!

I'd like to see Terry C Johnstons "Titus Bass series" too. If the 9 book series was too much, I would settle for Dance on the Wind, Buffalo Palace, Crack in the Sky and Carry the Wind which were my favorites.

The life of John Colter, one of the Corps of Discovery men, who left the Corps when it was on its way back to St. Louis to go back to the mountains with a couple of mountain men. He was the first caucasian to see Yellowstone.

Might sound real basic to some, but I would like to see a movie or TV mini-series about Lewis and Clark Corp of Discovery Expedition, made into a LONESOME DOVE type movie and not just a documentary.

Rick

James Alexander Thom's "Sign Talker" would make a great movie! A fresh look at the Lewis & Clark expedition.

Just finished reading a trilogy called "Adelsverein" -- historical novel about the settling of the Texas Hill Country by German immigrants. Lots of historically accurate info carried in the stories of two fictional families. Since my family immigrated from Germany in that time period, I was really fascinated by what those folks had to endure -- not just from nature and the Indians, but from their fellow Americans!

After laying on the beach at Jekyll Island this past weekend and reading "Jack Hinson's One Man War, a Civil War Sniper" by Tom C. McKenny from cover to cover (I couldn't put it down), I want to see this made into a movie.

Figure I'll put my two cents in here;
I like the idea of An Eckert Novel turned movie I really enjoyed reading him.
A Movie based on Robert Rogers and his Exploits would be pretty interesting as well.

Another one I'm thinking of isn't based off anything but my own wild Imagination, and would have to be a series on like HBO or something;
Set during the F&I war, I'm Thinking Wes Studi for Pontiac,or your typical "Native Antagonist" -yeah I know he's in every movie and always the bad guy (it seems) but he just fits!
Add Johnny Depp as possibly either one of Rogers Rangers, or Virginia militia, possibly even a Simple Penn Farmer,to-which I would add the subplot of him losing his family in a raid. speckle in some Haughty British Regulars and their opinion of militia, And a few Council meetings both Native and Colonial Assembly and I think you'd be in business. Put in a happy ending and it'll write itself! Is it too soon to whisper Oscar? :grin: :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back