• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Warning to Canadian Flintlock owners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you actually believe that gun control is about " GUNS"??? Sorry, its about " CONTROL"! Welcome to the world. :wink:

Gun control originated in attempts to control Freed Slaves from being able to resist efforts by White land owners to force them into working for the land owners, for next to nothing- virtual slavery, after the American Civil War. After the reconstruction Governments were replaced with Locally elected officials, there was a serious attempt to regain White Control over Blacks.

At the turn of the 19th century, the Irish MOB ( Tammany Hall) that ran New York feared loosing control to new waves of Italian, and Sicilian immigrants. So, they passed the Sullivan law, borrowing the language from the " Black Codes" in the South, requiring a locally issued " Permit " to carry or possess a handgun. Of course, permits were only issued to members and supporters of Tammany Hall, and the Local Police were used to disarm everyone else- as was done in the South to disarm Negroes, before the Klan lynch mobs attacked and beat, or killed a " local Agitator".The Sullivan Law only applies to New York City, but while upstate New Yorkers can obtain Permit to Carry permits, those permits are not recognized in New York City.

You are not surprised that New York City has the highest murder rate in the State, now, are you?? And you won't be surprised, now, when you learn that only the privileged few can get a NYC carry permit?

Don't even ask about Chicago, " The most Racist City in America".

Do a google search on Lewis R. Redmond and you will find he was being legally arrested by a U.S. Marshal on a warrant for bootlegging when he murdered the Marshal.

Truly, an "awesome" story.

A couple of years ago, there was accident (self inflicted :redface: ) at one of the ranges in BC. The smoothbore and antique pistol were confiscated, by the Mounties.They were duly released quite soon after the investigation,all that was required to release them was the copy from their website.Back then the regulations were handled by the Canadian Firearm Centre, who have since then handed it over to the RCMP (mounties)
"Prescribed Antiques" become "firearms" when used in the commission of a crime, same as beer bottle when it's broken and used,it becomes a weapon.
Cheers Bob.

I hear ya friend.. its :bull: Im wanting to make a matchlock pistol one of these days, although im not realy looking foward to bringing it in for being identified, marked and registered for being a handgone... um handgun. I have allready talked with police officers at the range who have never realy seen a muzzleloader let alone a flintlock, so ya a matchlock is really going to confuse them, hell i think that muzzleloaders confuse them. clearly this is true.

did you get ahold of the national firearms association they will provide your lawyer with all the info he need

Tom

Mike Brooks said:
I'd be dead now if I were in your situation. No Government authority is coming into my house and taking my guns with out me being dead first.

you wouldn't be dead, Mike. Before you'd have thrown the powder charge, you'd have ridden "the lightning!" Those things SUCK!!

"Don't taze me, bro!"

I don't know how the Canadian court system works, but if you have a preliminary hearing to determine if probable cause even exists to go to trial like we do in the U.S., I would simply offer the statute in question as evidence without an attorney and see what happens. I doubt the attorney would do anything different in the same situation.

I must differ. This is the real deal here. Court, and a serious charge. As ridiculous as the charge appears, it's still serious. He can't afford to screw up, and hence, should definitely have a lawyer present, even for a preliminary hearing. Courts run on proper procedures and protocols, and knowing the way to manipulate law, either for good or bad. It's not about right and wrong. He'll be fighting a department who has 'face' to save. Being right is not enough in court. He needs his 'big guns' (lawyer) so to speak.

I would agree if there were any facts in dispute, but there aren't. He was in possession of the rifle, no question about it. The statute specifically says flintlocks are exempt, again, no question about it. There is no legal wrangling to be done when it comes to introducing the very statute he is charged under into evidence. That's all the attorney is going to do at the preliminary hearing. If he gets bound over, that's another matter, but I wouldn't spend $5,000.00 on what will probably be a 10 minute hearing.

Hey guys
well here they hope that they can scare you into a lesser guilty plea well stick to your guns and end up with a written applogy the system is broken I had a couple of blk powder hand guns I had distroyed and wouldn't you know they said I have to re-register them damn the cop'pers are the ones that I had handed them over to have them destroy them LOL yep system is broke LOl plead not guility to every thing they will loose any ways
my warmest regards a Loyalist Dawg :hatsoff:

i am not really clear on the laws reguarding safe storage of flintlock firearms ? so fare we don,t know what the charges are . as far as possession and aquisition i think that is pretty clear but if the guns were not stored properly maybe charges could be layed around a situation like that ? i don,t know ? any idea what the law is on the storage ?

As far as storage, the same regulations apply as for any firearm...trigger lock, gun safe, locked room etc. During hunting season, at least here in New Brunswick, a muzzleloading longarm can be transported in a vehicle loaded, as long as it is uncapped or the flint removed. This may not apply to all provinces, however.

david muzzleloaders in canada are NOT considered"LOADED"
untill they are capped or have flint in and a powder charge with ball or shot .

you may not transport them "loaded" at any time.

just sounds confusing when you said you can transport them loaded in hunting season thats all

the gun laws here seem to only do one thing well

...that is get the honest, hardworking, tax paying hunter in an up roar!

Don't GO to court without the lawyer..
I know the 5k is steep, but when you win..
You will not be a criminal.. They will have to return your weapons.
VICTOY.. at a cost that you shouldn't have had to pay.. However.. It's still A WIN..
The system is set up to send poor people to jail..
Just look at all the rich murders and criminals that walk free..

Flinthead....I have never heard such nonesence in my life!

It clearly states in the regulations that flintlocks are antiques and require no license or registration,
You definately should print off the regulations and read it off as your defence directly to the judge!
I cannot see how much clearer you can get,

YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT! THE LAW IS ON YOUR SIDE!

Keep your head up you WILL prevail!

I wonder If those officers have ever in their lives been to a reinactment, or actually read the regulations in their entire lives.

Its just the complete stupidity of the situation that baffels me :confused:

There has been enough time now for you to be able to obtain the police reports. Make sure you get copies and see what it is they are having issues with.

Back