• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

therifleshoppe?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Billnpatti said:
Yeah, it's a case of only one guy in the business of making what you need. You may grouse about how long it takes to get that one single item that you need but if you absolutely need it and he is the only one making it, you are still glad he is in business even if you don't like his service.
If he's the only guy making these things, then obviously the market isn't big enough for anyone to really care.

Jack Wilson said:
If he's the only guy making these things, then obviously the market isn't big enough for anyone to really care.

Huh Jack!? The people who want (let's be realistic: we need food, clothing, and shelter) "these things" as you put it, which they are not merely to us, are passionate and care deeply about them. But I agree we're not the average guy.

Alden said:
Jack Wilson said:

Huh Jack!? But I agree we're not the average guy.

Most people are happy with Wal-Mart

:blah:
William Alexander

TRS isn't the ONLY source for some of this stuff. Dyson has lots of English and Euro castings also. They don't have castings of the internals and springs, but if you're already making a lock from castings it's not that big of a leap to scratch make the internals. Probably end up with better stuff anyway.

http://www.peterdyson.co.uk/

I've never had it take more than a week or two to get anything Ive ordered from them. I have not built from the castings yet so I can't comment on the quality of metal used for the casting though. Might be garbage, might be awesome. Whatever the case, I'm sure it can be overcome though.

Zonie said:
If we were speaking about patches, jags, ramrod blanks, powder measures, powder horns... I would agree with you.

Stuff like that should be shipped on the day the order is received.

TRS on the other hand is the only place in the world that offers many parts that are needed to build some of the historic firearms from the past.

Many of these parts don't exist anywhere when the order is placed, even at TRS.

They have the patterns to make the castings for the parts but they do not keep a supply of the castings on hand. Perhaps they should but special castings cost money and another builder may not want that particular casting for years.

That said, I do think TRS owes it to anyone ordering these long lead items should be told up front about the length of time it will take to get whatever it is made.

There is also no way that TRS should charge a cent against the customers charge card until the item is being shipped.

Now, I can sit back and watch. :) :pop:

:thumbsup: :pop: :hatsoff:

IowaShooter said:
Zonie said:
If we were speaking about patches, jags, ramrod blanks, powder measures, powder horns... I would agree with you.

Stuff like that should be shipped on the day the order is received.

TRS on the other hand is the only place in the world that offers many parts that are needed to build some of the historic firearms from the past.

Many of these parts don't exist anywhere when the order is placed, even at TRS.

They have the patterns to make the castings for the parts but they do not keep a supply of the castings on hand. Perhaps they should but special castings cost money and another builder may not want that particular casting for years.

That said, I do think TRS owes it to anyone ordering these long lead items should be told up front about the length of time it will take to get whatever it is made.

There is also no way that TRS should charge a cent against the customers charge card until the item is being shipped.

Now, I can sit back and watch. :) :pop:

:thumbsup: :pop: :hatsoff:

And we hear again from IowaShooter who keeps complaining that the thread has gone on for too long...... Baiting much? :rotf:

When did I say the thread was going on too long? Better look back and see who has been posting the :dead: images.

I'm just enjoying the thread and posting the :pop: guy.

Well, I just re-faxed my NEW list Tuesday this week - for the second time. :haha: I figure a third time and a phone call should do it. :haha: Rick. :hatsoff:

Tinker2 said:
IowaShooter said:
:pop: :dead: :rotf: :haha:
:idunno:

Me

Just having fun with smilies. There are two others who actually said the thread needs locked. I wasn't one of them. Too much entertainment value here to lock it. It's developed a life of it's own.

:grin: :haha: :blah: :stir: :pop:

At the risk of giving new life to this over-worked topic, I just wanted to report that I did receive my 1756 Long Land Brown Bess Parts Set from The Rifle Shoppe. It arrived complete and exactly as I ordered with English Walnut stock and assembled lock. I was particularly impressed with the lock. It is very nicely assembled-- looks like precision work and very nice clean castings. The other castings are quite nice too, as is the English Walnut stock. The Colerain barrel looks good too. Even the screws and pin material are nice. All in all, I am very happy with it... and happy to have it!
Bill M.
Bill M.

Has anyone had problems with The Rifle Shoppe. I have read dozens of bad reports on them. From what I have read is a very very long wait times. I have ordered over a 1K in parts and get in a timely manner. I have ordered one part and have waited over a year. I have read people waiting over years for parts they ordered. I keep getting the same answer from them 5 more weeks. Now they don't answer the phones calls emails witch I place once or twice a month. The cast parts are made in South American. I'm thanking cast parts are mass produce. India makes the same gun as I need with no wait times. If a India company can produce them just as good as TRS, why can't TRS. I have read if you complain they will cancel your order. Now I have a box of 700 dollar parts that I can't get 50 bucks for off ebay. I have though of making a youtube video of my problems with them.

Hi,
Use the search function on this site to look for threads about TRS. There are quite a few very long ones discussing the good and bad.

dave

If you had of asked if anyone has a timely, smooth transaction with the Rifle Shoppe you most likely would have got "zero" responses. :stir:

This sort of problem seems to be quite common with them. Has anyone thought to sue them?

The obvious answer is to take your business elsewhere, but given the unique character and limited demand of the stuff they (aledgedly) make and sell, where is elsewhere? :idunno: The answer is that if the market was deep enough to support competition in those products, something would spring up. Then TRS would have to either straighten up their act, or go out of business.

To my mind I think they're a good candidate to buy their entire business from them. With good management and marketing I bet their existing sales could be more than doubled within a year or two.

Col. Batguano said:
This sort of problem seems to be quite common with them. Has anyone thought to sue them?

The obvious answer is to take your business elsewhere, but given the unique character and limited demand of the stuff they (aledgedly) make and sell, where is elsewhere? :idunno: The answer is that if the market was deep enough to support competition in those products, something would spring up. Then TRS would have to either straighten up their act, or go out of business.

To my mind I think they're a good candidate to buy their entire business from them. With good management and marketing I bet their existing sales could be more than doubled within a year or two.

I think you are confused. :rotf:
Aren't they an Artisan manufacturer?
Buying them out would be like trying to buy Luciano Pavarotti's voice because he won't come sing for you. :youcrazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back