• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC White Mountian Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eph289

36 Cal.
Reaction score
A friend of mine brought me his white mountian carbine. He wants to hunt deer with it. He knows how to hunt deer ,but little about muzzle loaders. So we are going to have some fun getting him lined out on this 50cal RB rifle.
Unfortunatly it's missing the rear sight. I'll be going to Traverse City today to see if I can come up with one. If I can't find one. Any suggestions where I can?
If anyone has any experience with this little rifle,I'd appreciate your comments.
Thanks

Very nice tree stand gun. Check the rate of twist. Many of them had faster rates so they could shoot conicals. A rear sight off of any other TC with 15/16 octagon barrel will work on that gun.. Look around of flea bay.

Right, the early ones in .50 cal had a 1-20 twist rate and a couple years into production, T/C changed them to a 1-38 twist rate. I had a very low ser# WMC when they first came out with the 1-20 twist and loved the gun, its one I kick myself for letting it go...

I still own one that I bought new in 1994. It has the 1 in 20 twist. I currently use a 348 gr powerbelt (yeah I know what some might say, mybad)with 80gr of fff goex. Its deadly and accurate on thin skinned lightly boned animals like whitetail.

I found one at Hamples in Traverse City for $10 .
The barrel appears to have a 1 in 48 twist.
My friend is very happy

Love mine....very good shooter with 70 Grains Goex FFG, Bore Butter Patch and a .490" Round Ball. I am handicapped and the short length and light weight makes it easy to handle. Have fun....

rick

I believe I saw a previous discussion where the hole spacing on some of the older TC sidelocks have different hole spacing. I ran in to this problem with a GM barrel and tryed different sights until I found one to fit. The White Mt. is round and some of the newer sights only work on Octagon barrels. Perhaps someone else can jump in on this one, or search the forum.

The WMC is half round, octagon at the back where the rear sight sits so regular octagon sights should fit.

You can get a tang peep from TC. That's the way mine is set up. Good luck. Mine shoots the TC maxihunters very well.

I have a WMC in 54cal mine likes 60gr of RS and a PRB. I also bought a GM 54cal 1in70 32in barrel for it.
Mike

Back