• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rogers and Spencer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hawkeye2

Thanks for the information.

It appears my parade not only has been rained on, but monsooned.

Guess I will have to give serious consideration to the used market.

Sigh.

I missed 2 last week that on guy had. Missed by one hour and the price was fair.

Has anyone had luck sourcing a mainspring? I just got a Euroarms Rogers and Spencer kit still in the box and is missing some screws and the mainspring. The revolver was never assembled and cost 75 dollars. It has a 4 digit serial number if that helps. Thanks!

Has anyone had luck sourcing a mainspring? I just got a Euroarms Rogers and Spencer kit still in the box and is missing some screws and the mainspring. The revolver was never assembled and cost 75 dollars. It has a 4 digit serial number if that helps. Thanks!
Please let us know if you find a source for R&S parts...Thank`s...c

Update for the Euroarms Rogers and Spencer kit. I have contacted several suppliers here and the UK and have not found a source for the springs that are missing. I am now contacting blackpowder gunsmiths. Any leads appreciated and I'll keep folks up to date on the search.

I snagged a r&s last week, been looking for a looong time. Very fair price. Shot plenty, the lady's husband was a skirmisher and definitely got his enjoyment out of it. But he took very good care of it, so it's in nice shape, xlent bore. Side benefit of all the use, it's slick as grease on glass. I'm going to enjoy this one

I had a R&S C&B for some years at one time and became familiar with all the plusses and minuses of the revolver. On the minus side - only myself and not to any others - 1. I found it to be awkward in handling characteristics. 2. The puny front sight is apparently just a passing thought. 3. A might heavy. 4. Hard hammer pull makes cocking a chore.

Now the plusses: 1. It locks up like a bank vault. 2. Compare it to any large caliber revolver you can think of (old or modern) and the R&S will be just as (or likely) the more accurate of the two. 3. It is TOUGH! 4. I like the way the cylinder protects the caps. 5. It doesn't spit at the shooter as many pistols will. 6. They look so d%#med cool.

Just my impressions from shooting the brute.

I agree with many of Hanshi’s sentiments except mine has a bore that looks like an old iron water pipe due to previous owners neglect. It still shoots somewhat okay at 20 yards.

Hanshi is right about the sight, that's why the previous owner dovetailed in a sight, but it's as wide or wider than the rear notch. He must've had very good eyesight! And, YES, very cool looking!

Kansas Jake, that would be a good candidate for a rebarrel project. Could be fun and you would end up with a tack driver

The original front sight should be a cone shape like a 51 Navy but much taller and I never found them difficult to see. I just bought another about 4 days ago. In OK shape except in the past someone apparently tried to take out the mainspring using a pair of pliers. They never padded the front strap and of course it left some ugly gouge marks. I have been slowly addressing that cause I just can't leave things that way. At least the bore is good and screws and nipples are coming out easily. MFG. 1989 and a standard blue model.

Latest posts

Back