• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

rogers and spencer question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is absolutely no way those screws (male & female) can be lost accidentally. They have to be unscrewed from each other to be removed from the frame and that's not necessary to remove the loading lever/cylinder pin assy.. They have a notch cut in them to allow removal of the pin by turning the screws to the right position.

Non-magnetic stainless steels are high-alloyed, with a larger percentage of chromium and other elements. And they are more expensive than typical firearms stainless steels, which are almost universally magnetic. The firearms stainless steels are fully satisfactory in terms of rust resistance, but the magnet test alone can be misleading. A touch on an un-obvious spot with cold blue will determine whether the gun is or is not stainless.

mhb - MIke
I got this engraved stainless Euroarms Rogers and Spencer at an online auction in August and it was finally allowed to be delivered by the RCMP in February. Great gun. I hadn’t heard of the magnet test. The gun is magnetic. Just tested it. I was concerned about the long wait to get my hands on the gun because the auction photos showed black grunge in several places. I was hoping the “stainless” material wouldn’t corrode, and it didn’t. Cleaned up very easily. No damage. Btw. I got it for a bid of $850 CDN. With taxes, commission etc. came to over $1,000 CDN. Expensive, but fairly difficult to come by. One of my last allowable purchases of a handgun as long as Liberals are running the government.

Attachments

• 6331BE4E-917E-4046-9313-5D7C26BEFEF0.jpeg
    6331BE4E-917E-4046-9313-5D7C26BEFEF0.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I also just purchased a Euroarms R&S, 75.00 and was missing some parts. The screws are coming from Dixie and the mainspring has been lost to time. I am trying to source one now. The kit was never assembled just put away and the parts were lost.

Attachments

• IMG_1900 (1).jpg
    IMG_1900 (1).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I also just purchased a Euroarms R&S, 75.00 and was missing some parts. The screws are coming from Dixie and the mainspring has been lost to time. I am trying to source one now. The kit was never assembled just put away and the parts were lost.
Not sure if I still have a NOS one in inventory.

However, you might try Peter Dyson & Son, if all else fails. They don't list one, though they may have some in stock.
https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/acatalog/PARTS_FOR_ROGERS_AND_SPENCER_revolvers.html
Gus

Back