• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see how a second cleaning with water doesn't rust if the issue is water trapped in pits.... I didn't miss anything it's just not logical that sometimes it rusts because of trapped waste when the water has been the only thing I haven't changed...

Think through it logically...

Diederot's 1771 encyclopedia on chemistry states that "Spirit of wine" (ethanol) has a greater affinity for water and acids than oil, or salt.
He also states that when mixed with acids (and he goes on to reference sulfuric acid) they lose much of the acidity.

Hint:
Water when combined with salts (the byproducts of BP Combustion) form acids.

I see what you're saying but Windex is supposed to help do about the same thing... Ill get some and try it im hoping to try some prb loads again this weekend hoping to find one that shoots decent finally so ill test that too

A little off topic, but I just received an email notice that Graf's is only charging $10 Hazmat fee on 4-50 lbs. Other charges apply. This might be of interest in folks following this thread and in need of BP etc.

I have no connection to them other than I've ordered a few things in the past.

If I had the money id buy some and when I do have the money the 10 dollars won't matter.... If it was 10 dollars hazmat for any amount that would be different

Given you past posts, I didn't think you would probably be interested at this time, but thought if there were other folks looking to order BP, this would be a good thread to drop the information.

Clyde, I think the "other charges" are the normal shipping charges still apply.

Kansas Jake said:
Clyde, I think the "other charges" are the normal shipping charges still apply.

Now I'm not saying that this is the case with Graf, ....But, I have seen online retailers selling other goods offer discounts only to make up the difference somewhere else....Like shipping.

It pays to shop around and track prices over time....Because often what appears to be a deal, isn't... :v

I don’t disagree with the shopping around. For example, if another vender sells the same powder for $3 per pound less and ships for less and you order 10 pounds, then the hazmat fee reduction may not mean much.

I know but they want you to order 4 pounds or more and I can't swing that much cash

Back