• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pyrodex RS (FF equivalent) in a revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. What was the measure and or the weight of the loads you used?

My notes show 32 measured at about 22 gr weight and velocity of 600 fps. Delayed ignition.

Interesting. What was the measure and or the weight of the loads you used?

My notes show 32 measured at about 22 gr weight and velocity of 600 fps. Delayed ignition.
Just using the spout on the flask its supposed to be 30gr. but throws 28gr.

RS and P are interchangeable it does work in a Pistol/Revolver and P works in a rifle, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE that is the accuracy RS in a Revolver accuracy suffers unless your competition shooting it is not that noticeable groups open some. Now that is total opposite for P in a rifle groups get a little tighter Idahoan Show on you tube pit Pyrodex against Pyrodex Select, RS and P against one another gives velocity and spread as well as 10 shot group I suggest checking it out

Just using the spout on the flask its supposed to be 30gr. but throws 28gr.

Interesting, my loads clearly not up there. I might play with that further. I assume then you are not settling the RS?

Good to cross check the measures as what standard is used by who clearly is different. I am using a small brass tube and feeding that out of my bulk powder in the container or one I have transferred it into (still working on what suits me)

Interesting, my loads clearly not up there. I might play with that further. I assume then you are not settling the RS?

Good to cross check the measures as what standard is used by who clearly is different. I am using a small brass tube and feeding that out of my bulk powder in the container or one I have transferred it into (still working on what suits me)
Nope just tip and pour I use home mad caps that are hotter than cci mags that may be helping some.

Back