• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli or ruger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations.

I don't think the Conversion Cylinder is blasphemy as much a puzzler. But that is me and others have a different take.

If I wanted to shoot a cartdige pistol (and I do) I would buy one in whatever caliber appealed to me (and the type of action I liked or wanted it in)

Shooting Black Powder revolvers (for me) is just totally different and I like that difference. It gets me out of the hard approach for accuracy in my target rifles and diverted into a different time and place.

It may sound odd but the problems are more interesting. Ok, this is what is going on, this is what I needed to do to fix it or work around it and once again I am impressed with how they managed it back in the day.
Agree. I have a couple cartridge models. Last summer I took one to the range along with my BP pistols. After 2 cylinders, I put it away and broke out my BP.
Cartridge shooting is boring.

The Pedersoli 1858 Pattern revolver is the best revolver currently made, though it is a good bit more expensive than the Ruger Old Army.

Well for my 1974 pre warning ROA, I cast for the first time using this mold, Johnson and Dow conical. Loaded it with 30grain 3f swiss. Could probably get a few more grains in her, but I doubt it would make it to 35. When I shoot it I will chrono it....I got one for Christmas, but have only used it for my Longbow so far.

Attachments

• 20240315_003726.jpg
    20240315_003726.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240315_004726.jpg
    20240315_004726.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The Pedersoli 1858 Pattern revolver is the best revolver currently made, though it is a good bit more expensive than the Ruger Old Army.
What about the German Feinwerkbau Remington 1858 or Feinwerkbau Roger and Spencer?They are worse than the Italian Pedersoli 1858? They were produced until 2015.

Agree. I have a couple cartridge models. Last summer I took one to the range along with my BP pistols. After 2 cylinders, I put it away and broke out my BP.
Cartridge shooting is boring.

I don't think cartridge shooting is boring, its more that doing it is what a modern gun is all about.

I shoot my cartridge guns between the BP Revolvers if I need to fill in time at the range. I take one or two with me depending on mood and if I need practice.

But the BP are the first one or ones I shoot. Its different than cartridges guns, which I am all too serious about shooting well (not that I can do pistol that well these days but the intent is there.)

I have other pistols to shoot that have cartridges. BP guns will not get a conversion cylinder. No issue if that is what you want and like that and them. Not what I bought the BP for.

Its so different from cartridge guns its all new and I like it. It helps I am getting decent results out of the ROA and the 47 Walker. It tells me I can shoot them, just need to develop loads and if the NMA do not shoot as well as they should, well its them and not me.

What about the German Feinwerkbau Remington 1858 or Feinwerkbau Roger and Spencer?They are worse than the Italian Pedersoli 1858? They were produced until 2015.
I don't know. I do know that a good number of shooters who compete in MLAIC matches now use the Pedersoli.

Latest posts

Back