• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli 12ga question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acohill1

72 cal
Reaction score
After cleaning my 12ga made by pedersoli I looked down the barrels with a light and I can see like a "chamber" of sorts in the bottom and it looks like there is fouling building up. I've tried using a 410 a 20ga and all sorts of brushes and stuff to get it to shine back at me lime the rest of the bore but alas I have not been successful. Is this normal for pedersolis? Do u guysbhave a way to easily get that smaller chamber clean without much fuss?

Edit: can I leave it till Wednesday? I'll boil water and get a 10ga brush by then? If not I have to run to the store for more cleaning patches. Rest of the bore is sparkling clean

Last edited:
Yes, that's normal for Pedersolis. Use an oversized brush that's going to get destroyed in the process. Scrapers won't work. "Without much fuss" is an unobtainable goal. Sorry.

Yes, that's normal for Pedersolis. Use an oversized brush that's going to get destroyed in the process. Scrapers won't work. "Without much fuss" is an unobtainable goal. Sorry.
Should I reclean it now or will it be okay till Wednesday? Otherwise the bore is sparkling clean ✨ i dont have an oversized brush. ️

I never even looked that far into it.

I use two jugs of water during the season dirty water and then a clean water bath... dawn soap in the first jug and just water in the second.. milk jugs with the top cut off.. I do like to spray windex threw the barrels too.

Windex seems to be the better cleaning nipples than carb cleaner I think...

During the off season or period of non use... oil of choice... before use is not much to run it threw the water jugs clean the oil out.

Been using a good coat of Ballistol.. I run that threw.. but not long term storage.

After cleaning my 12ga made by pedersoli I looked down the barrels with a light and I can see like a "chamber" of sorts in the bottom and it looks like there is fouling building up. I've tried using a 410 a 20ga and all sorts of brushes and stuff to get it to shine back at me lime the rest of the bore but alas I have not been successful. Is this normal for pedersolis? Do u guysbhave a way to easily get that smaller chamber clean without much fuss?
Do you use modern gun oil by any chance?
If so that's your issue.
Use boiling water and it will come out.
I've been shooting Pedersoli shotguns for decades and no issues. Boiling hot water, even lifts the lead out for ya.

Do you use modern gun oil by any chance?
If so that's your issue.
Use boiling water and it will come out.
I've been shooting Pedersoli shotguns for decades and no issues. Boiling hot water, even lifts the lead out for ya.
Okay I'll try to reclean after my class tonight

I don't use any brushes in any muzzloader since I used one.. lol

I put a brush down a tc.. it got stuck bad, there no good.. I've never used one since on anything....

Back