• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Next Cap and Ball revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unerti's and Pietta's have different diameter chambers.

IIRC, the Uberti's run a few thousandths larger ( about .003" or so ) in both calibers.

Seems like I have read somewhere that there is a difference in frame size between the Pietta and Uberti 1858 models.

If that is true, which is the smaller of the two?

Pietta has done so very well in product improvement with their percussion revolvers...

When will they take the hint and fix their screwed up chamber diameters?

BullRunBear said:
Cabelas is having a sale on all their Pietta cap and ball revolvers. 50 bucks off each one. It started on May 29 and goes through June 17th.

Thanks for letting us know! It even qualifies for free shipping! :grin:

Also, anybody on the fence here, buying a new Pietta from Cabelas during the sale is the right thing to do and will make you feel really good.

From what I’ve read the Uberti is a little smaller and more traditionally sized along with the grip. It’s chambers are closer to bore size as well but still a little undersized at about .450”.

The front sight and lever latch are dovetailed so that can’t fall out as I’ve read happens once in a while with the press fit Pietta. And being dovetailed it’s easy to adjust the windage.

There would be no question in my mind. It would be a Remington New Model Army. You could back this up with a cartridge cylinder conversion as well.

Back