• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Next Cap and Ball revolver?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsk, tsk,tsk, haven't you blokes worked it out yet ?
It is the closet !
Keep anything in there long enough & the same thing happens.
O.

Bill,

That's why I like the double trigger Tranter. Middle finger has something to hang on to so can't get beat up.
My middle finger is all bent with arthritis, and gets belted with most other pistols.

Hope it's warm down there!

Richard. (P-B)

The 1858 Remington 5.5" barrel model can't be beat. My Pietta is flawless & swapping cylinders is a snap. Accuracy is outstanding, and it's easy to carry.

Since my idea of a reason to have a holster gun in the woods is simple, to be used for a "coup de grace" shot on down-but-not-out deer. For that purpose the little .36 1862 police revolver, any barrel length, is ideal IMHO. And with five shots, I'd feel quite well armed.

if you're looking to turn Porky into little white packages, i'd go with a dragoon, and load it heavy ... those ursine types get really nasty really fast and they can mix you with enough dirt to start a respectable rose garden if given half the opportunity.

good luck with your project!

No need for that much horse power up close. Loaded with a wide nosed conical and an energetic powder you get the equivalent of a .45 ACP or a little better from a NMA or ”˜60 Army. Or the ROA which handles a bit more powder. Deepened chambers or the ClassicBallistix cylinder and you get Dragoon performance without the weight.

Aye, there's a place for a knife and there's a place for brains!
I have a very great respect for pigs of any type. If an old sow "Woofed" at me when we were doing something with piglets, I'd be over the wall, and Then look back!
Nothing on earth can bite like a pig. No dog comes close.
PS, I thought you meant "Porcupine" for a start!... That's what they call them up here :)

hogs can be bad ass!!
used to coon hunt with a farmer that had a 450lb. boar for his breeding and used to have a very large german shepherd dog. one day that hog killed and ate both back legs off the dog before they knew it.

Tennessee.45 said:
I would like to keep it as a .44 since I have the 1860.

It'll say .44 caliber on the revolver, but there are slight deviations (in the thousandths of an inch) among several different calibers in the .44 range.

Make sure you bring your 1860 with you when you purchase the new revolver so that they can measure it out and get your next revolver in the exact same caliber if that is your intention.

Also, I wouldn't draw a BP revolver on a ****** off hog that was charging me.

"Also, I wouldn't draw a BP revolver on a ****** off hog that was charging me."

Why not? Don't the hogs where you live fall down after being well shot?

The 5.5 inch .44 Remington makes a fine field carry gun. Mine is a Pietta and works real well.

I don't think anything point shoots as fast or as well as the 1860 for quick shots. I'd get another 60 and I currently own a ROA and 58 Rem Pietta.
More power is always handy when dangerous game shooting but only if it can be directed accurately.

Hope it's OK to post this here.

Cabelas is having a sale on all their Pietta cap and ball revolvers. 50 bucks off each one. It started on May 29 and goes through June 17th. Assuming they have more than usual in stock at the stores, it might be a chance to handle different models for feel and balance.

Goodness knows I don't need another C&B revolver but that sale has me thinking. :hmm:

Jeff

BullRunBear said:
Snip~

Goodness knows I don't need another C&B revolver but that sale has me thinking. :hmm:

Jeff
Wait what?! There is ALWAYS room for another firearm, and a C&B revolver is an EXCELLENT choice! :grin:

Back