• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My cap-n-ball revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_20240324_141457766_HDR.jpg

These all might be junk, but they're my junk. All are reproductions. Upper left, a laser engraved 1851 Navy, but in .44 caliber, below it my 1860 Colt Army, brass frame that I bought in 1973, upper center, the '51 Colt Navy in the case that I bought a couple of days ago, below it, a Remington New Army, with adjustable rear sight, right of it, a Remington New Army with fixed rear sight. I paid $250 for the cased Colt, considerably less for all the others. The 1860 Colt was $74 in 1973 and included, Goex powder, round balls, (bag of 100), and a tin of caps. Pretty much all I needed to shoot, except a powder measure. But the guy at the gun shop gave me an empty brass case that held the recommended charge, 18g if I remember correctly. The case was some kind of .32 or .36. It's been 50+ years so I don't remember exactly, although I still have it somewhere in my shooting stuff.

Last edited:
awesome. always wanted a box set with the powder flask. preferably an 1860 army

My wife gave me her ASP NMA some 10-15 years ago. I did not even know she had it. Not junk to me either, got to shooting it last summer and its been fun. It had a timing issue I miraculously was able to fix, very smooth action.

Back