• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New .58 caliber Hawken type Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 58Hawken1.jpg
    58Hawken1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 58Hawken2.jpg
    58Hawken2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 58Hawken3.jpg
    58Hawken3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 58Hawken4.jpg
    58Hawken4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 58Hawken5.jpg
    58Hawken5.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
The one on top is a .54 caliber. It has a 36" J. Goodoien barrel, engraved Bob Roller lock, a checkered wrist with curly maple stock. The lock, trigger guard, and butt plate are color cased, which have aged (faded) to a mottled gray. The nose cap is pewter, but the ram rod thimble, patch box, and toe plate are nickel plated. The stock is slightly thicker than the one below. The only thing I can think of was it was intended as a competition or just fancied up rifle. I do not know who built it. 7
20200428_142516.jpg
The bottom one is the .58 caliber that I just received. 36"À Rice barrel, with browned iron furniture. Both rifles have a browned barrel.
Both rifles are quite nice as well as correct handed. I especially like the checkered stock on the walnut side stocked rifle.
I picked up a .53 Hawken, walnut stock and of course, correct handed, seven years ago. The patch box and just about everything else is Nickel silver with the barrel being browned but what drew me to buy it was the 15 inch length of pull, which fits my 6'8"A frame nicely. It is a chunk, ten pounds at least.
20200428_142127-1.jpg

20200428_142516.jpg

Latest posts

Back